+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT-Ethan Stables

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Why not? It shows that the right are happy to tar all Muslims because of the actions of the depraved view, but then whine at the thought of the left doing exactly the same. I suppose 'hypocrisy' may be more apt than irony, but I'm sure you get my drift.

ps I think both left and right are wrong on this issue by the way. It's pretty stupid to tar large groups because of the actions of a few deranged members of those groups, unfortunately both sides do it.
    The sheer volume of attacks by Muslims which are not 'few', far outweights those of the right.

I agree with your last para

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    The sheer volume of attacks by Muslims which are not 'few', far outweights those of the right.
    Correct, but I suspect there are far more Muslims in the country than people with far right wing political views. That's based on the fact that parties such as the National Front and EDL have never attracted much support at the ballot box. The point is that whichever group the attacks come from, the nutters who carry them out are a tiny percentage of the group as a whole.

Correct, but I suspect there are far more Muslims in the country than people with far right wing political views. That's based on the fact that parties such as the National Front and EDL have never attracted much support at the ballot box. The point is that whichever group the attacks come from, the nutters who carry them out are a tiny percentage of the group as a whole.
    Let's not forget that in idealogical terms, the Muslims that carry out attacks, are Muslim right wing. Why is the term' right wing' reserved for Westerners?

Why not? It shows that the right are happy to tar all Muslims because of the actions of the depraved view, but then whine at the thought of the left doing exactly the same. I suppose 'hypocrisy' may be more apt than irony, but I'm sure you get my drift.

ps I think both left and right are wrong on this issue by the way. It's pretty stupid to tar large groups because of the actions of a few deranged members of those groups, unfortunately both sides do it.
    I think that there is more than enough evidence in relation to Islamic terror to suggest that it is slightly more than the depraved few. I do not disagree with your second paragraph. I am not anti Muslim, there are many who are hard working, honest people who have integrated into Western society as well as any other group. However, there are a highly disproportionate number who haven't and have no intention of doing. They admit that themselves. There only mission here is to transform our society into a Muslim caliphate under Shariah law. One of them Anjem Choudary is due for release from jail this year to continue his campaign for this very purpose. Illegal Shariah patrols are already active in many boroughs and there are areas where even the police will not go without first consulting the local imam.

We need to forget this so called left/right political divide that everybody keeps trying to protect and actually realise that we want the same thing. Sometimes we can spend more time and energy in trying to defend standpoints which are expected of the left/right norm rather than coming together and making a stand together for things which both sides of the political fence actually want. How about we remove the fence, forget left and right and start looking at a moral way of dealing with things so that everybody benefits. The political elite want us divided because then, they can get away with things that otherwise would be called out and confronted. When the people come together, they hold the whip hand. For most people all we want is to live in a peaceful Country where we're safe , have a good opportunity to live comfortably, work hard, get paid, have enough to pay our bills with a bit extra and know that our kids and grand kids will be afforded those same opportunities. I would be cast as right wing (possibly far right by today's standards) but I won't let anyone squeeze me into a box.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    I think that there is more than enough evidence in relation to Islamic terror to suggest that it is slightly more than the depraved few. I do not disagree with your second paragraph. I am not anti Muslim, there are many who are hard working, honest people who have integrated into Western society as well as any other group. However, there are a highly disproportionate number who haven't and have no intention of doing. They admit that themselves. There only mission here is to transform our society into a Muslim caliphate under Shariah law. One of them Anjem Choudary is due for release from jail this year to continue his campaign for this very purpose. Illegal Shariah patrols are already active in many boroughs and there are areas where even the police will not go without first consulting the local imam.

We need to forget this so called left/right political divide that everybody keeps trying to protect and actually realise that we want the same thing. Sometimes we can spend more time and energy in trying to defend standpoints which are expected of the left/right norm rather than coming together and making a stand together for things which both sides of the political fence actually want. How about we remove the fence, forget left and right and start looking at a moral way of dealing with things so that everybody benefits. The political elite want us divided because then, they can get away with things that otherwise would be called out and confronted. When the people come together, they hold the whip hand. For most people all we want is to live in a peaceful Country where we're safe , have a good opportunity to live comfortably, work hard, get paid, have enough to pay our bills with a bit extra and know that our kids and grand kids will be afforded those same opportunities. I would be cast as right wing (possibly far right by today's standards) but I won't let anyone squeeze me into a box.
    Can't really argue with any of that. Shariah law has no place in this country and if the police are turning a blind eye to it, it's almost as shameful as the blind eye they turned to the grooming gangs. I definitely agree that this sort of thing shouldn't be seen as a right or left viewpoint, to me it's a simple case of right or wrong.

Can't really argue with any of that. Shariah law has no place in this country and if the police are turning a blind eye to it, it's almost as shameful as the blind eye they turned to the grooming gangs. I definitely agree that this sort of thing shouldn't be seen as a right or left viewpoint, to me it's a simple case of right or wrong.
    Correct but there is no gain for politicians in taking the centre ground. Taki immigration and asylum, whatever happened to each case on it's merits, those that deserve and need asylum can stay, if this was their first safe port, chancers and those that should have claimed asylum elsewhere. get sent home.

Common sense has gone, with liberals wanting to let everyone in and the right not wanting any at all. What we should be seeking is something in the middle that's, fair and legal for those in genuine need and btw, asylum seekers should, go home if their own country stabilises but in reality, very few if any, ever get sent home.

The only thing that people in this country want, is to see the system working fairly but it's not. When ordinary people complain that the system is being rigged in favour of the undeserving, they get branded racist 0r right wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Common sense has gone, with liberals wanting to let everyone in and the right not wanting any at all. What we should be seeking is something in the middle that's, fair and legal for those in genuine need.
    Apologies for only quoting part of your post, but that's because it's the bit I agree with 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12