+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rotherham are favourites for relegation

Well if anyone remembers we had long odds at start of last season I think for us to be promoted was something like 10 to 1

Also I’d like to mention again odds drop depending on how much money goes on it and I would wager Sheffield teams bet against us out of jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Well if anyone remembers we had long odds at start of last season I think for us to be promoted was something like 10 to 1

Also I’d like to mention again odds drop depending on how much money goes on it and I would wager Sheffield teams bet against us out of jealousy
    7/1 for promotion and 25/1 to be champions last season (this season) i backed em both

We will always be favourites to go down,so what.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    We will always be favourites to go down,so what.
    Exactly Lol. And I will state here and now it is not going to happen. Millers to be one of the surprise teams of the division. Don't forget, Warney has more experience of Championship management than the Owls manager. Believe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Exactly Lol. And I will state here and now it is not going to happen. Millers to be one of the surprise teams of the division. Don't forget, Warney has more experience of Championship management than the Owls manager. Believe!!!!
    If Paul Warne and his team can avoid relegation next season in the championship it will be a far bigger achievement than the playoff promotion by a country mile .

I guarantee we will win some, lose some and draw some.
    Some of the games will be like the ' Battle of the Alamo.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    I guarantee we will win some, lose some and draw some.
    Some of the games will be like the ' Battle of the Alamo.
    With Wood wearing a raccoon fur hat?

The bookies said they'll never let odds get as big as they did when Leicester won the PL. How I wish I had put a tenner on them that season

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I have a good feeling about next season, I don't think we'll get relegated. I think we'll be in a relegation battle til about March then I think we'll end up finishing low mid table. TS has learnt a lot of lessons from last time- he's said it time and time again. I think he'll get recruitment right from day 1. I also think PW is the right man for us, he knows the type of players to sign and won't sign any bad apples or anyone after one last pay day. Have faith Millers

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    The bookies said they'll never let odds get as big as they did when Leicester won the PL. How I wish I had put a tenner on them that season

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I have a good feeling about next season, I don't think we'll get relegated. I think we'll be in a relegation battle til about March then I think we'll end up finishing low mid table. TS has learnt a lot of lessons from last time- he's said it time and time again. I think he'll get recruitment right from day 1. I also think PW is the right man for us, he knows the type of players to sign and won't sign any bad apples or anyone after one last pay day. Have faith Millers
    Those are my feelings as well Don. UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If Paul Warne and his team can avoid relegation next season in the championship it will be a far bigger achievement than the playoff promotion by a country mile .
    Animal, when the Millers appointed Warne, I had a feeling that, given a bit of time he would "do a Hecky". That is galvanise the team into the clubs culture and eventually get them promoted. I think we were all surprised that it has happened so quickly. Getting back to Heckingbottom, despite the eventual outcome, Barnsley were terrific on your return to the Championship, playing with pride and passion.

Okay, much depends on the close season signings, but Warney's record in that area has been pretty good so far and, the one thing you can say about this team is that they play with pride and passion. Obviously that's not the full requirement, but we have some skillful players in our squad with something to prove. Keeping the majority of the loan players would be really helpful. Time will tell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast