+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I joined AberDNA because I live in the states these days and it's a way to help the club I have loved since the 60s. I suspect the money will be used for signings for a simple reason. If they use it for something else and people find out, then next year they will be lucky to raise enough to buy back Darren Mackie.

Sorry to be so negative but sometimes I think you guys need a draft of ice cold reality.
    OK here's a draft of cold reality.

There will be no way of telling whether or not extra money raised by dna will be used for signings or on the football side. So the idea that fear of being caught would keep Milne honest has no real basis.

Let's assume no dna. The club would have income from the usual sources. Say £10m. Let's also suppose it would have been spent, football budget £6m, admin £2m, contribution to the new stadium out of ordinary income £2m. All figures plucked out of the air for illustation purposes.

Here's the rub: no one will ever know what those numbers would have been. Even if there are some forecast budgets nominally drawn up, they were at the mercy of events and changes of mind. Say new signings are a disappointment and we have a couple of long term injuries and are struggling come Christmas: football budget goes up. etc etc.

Say dna raises £1M. The club spends its £11m, £6.5m on the football budget, £2M admin, £2.5m stadium. The club will argue that without dna the football budget would have been £5.5m. No-one will know whether that is true - possibly not even the club itself. The club may even genuinely believe it, because it didn't know that £6m would have been spent without dna.

I'm not saying this is all hocus pocus and the intention is to spend the dna money on things other than players. Frankly I don't know. But I do think there's something not quite right when the club makes a promise when it must know that there is probably no way of telling whether it was kept, and certainly no way of proving whether it was kept. I think anyone saying "give me £x and I guarantee Y will happen" should be able to demonstrate whether or not Y did in fact happen.
    Last edited by DollyLongstaffe; 02-06-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    OK here's a draft of cold reality.
    Your post is not reality though, it’s supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    That’s only because of the interesting way your brain works

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yes, that’s the reality

All the dna members are getting shafted by Milne and his multi millionaire board members. There is absolutely no chance of the club spending the extra cash provided by its own fans to also go on top of our normal playing budget.
    That money might at best be kept for a rainy day.
    Say for example that McInnes desperately wants Ryan Christie permanently signed from Celtic. Celtic say he will cost £1m. McInnes normal budget won’t allow him to be able to make that signing as his transfer funds will be vastly depreciated. The dna money is £1m strong in the bank (example), do you think McInnes can just say well that money was extra funds for my transfer window etc so I am going to sign Christie as now we have the available funds...and Milne won’t mind as it is not his money anyway.
    Absolutely no chance! The quicker you folks realise that you are keeping the multi millionaires from spending their vast funds the better. It’s a disgraceful con at best!

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    The element of supposition is introduced purely to illustrate the argument. The argument itself (that there will be no way of telling whether or not the dna money has been spent purely on the footballing side, and that it is questionable to raise money on the basis of a promise that you will not be able to demonstrate has been kept) is not supposition.

The element of supposition is introduced purely to illustrate the argument. The argument itself (that there will be no way of telling whether or not the dna money has been spent purely on the footballing side, and that it is questionable to raise money on the basis of a promise that you will not be able to demonstrate has been kept) is not supposition.
    There's an alarm going off in his head everytime someone dares question anything about the club.

Totally agree but you’re going to regret posting that. Be prepared to be bogged down in hair splitting, pointless debate & mind numbing repetition for the next month at least

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    His brain works similar to a sat nav. When you don’t follow the route it tells you it will quickly tell you another way to the same destination. afc190mad is the Aberdeen FC propaganda sat nav. Don’t question the manager’s ability, players ability or even the dna money as the replies will always be everything is good at Aberdeen FC.
    S.Milnes very own comical Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    His brain works similar to a sat nav. When you don’t follow the route it tells you it will quickly tell you another way to the same destination. afc190mad is the Aberdeen FC propaganda sat nav. Don’t question the manager’s ability, players ability or even the dna money as the replies will always be everything is good at Aberdeen FC.
    S.Milnes very own comical Ali.
    Lol, believe that if you will.
    I do criticise McInnes and players when merited.
    I don’t bang on about it ad infinitum bearing a grudge

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast