+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Define how its a scam or crap? It doesn't suit your personal situation,
    Over 6,000 fans have signed up for it for a number of differing reasons.
    Not all contributors are available to go to the games
    In my opinion, and I may have this wrong as I admit to not fully acquainting myself to the DNA scheme, but my gripe was connected to the fact that those subscribers to the scheme didn't need to attend matches. I felt that the scheme allowed subscribers to purchase loyalty without going through the tedious business of attending matches that didn't excite them. It would also provide them with 'loyalty points' that would allow them to attend the more 'prestigious' games where tickets weren't so readily available, for instance Burnley away...

Any scheme to generate revenue should primarily focus on getting punters through the turnstiles, which increases money at the gate and increases the atmosphere at the games in our favour. In my mind, DNA doesn't do this. It concentrates on short-term benefits over the long-term. A typical Milne modus operandi...
    Last edited by BogBrush1903; 01-02-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    In my opinion, and I may have this wrong as I admit to not fully acquainting myself to the DNA scheme, but my gripe was connected to the fact that those subscribers to the scheme didn't need to attend matches. I felt that the scheme allowed subscribers to purchase loyalty without going through the tedious business of attending matches that didn't excite them. It would also provide them with 'loyalty points' that would allow them to attend the more 'prestigious' games where tickets weren't so readily available, for instance Burnley away...

Any scheme to generate revenue should primarily focus on getting punters through the turnstiles, which increases money at the gate and increases the atmosphere at the games in our favour. In my mind, DNA doesn't do this. It concentrates on short-term benefits over the long-term. A typical Milne modus operandi...
    So your gripe is not the scheme itself but one part of it, loyalty points.
    By the same token, aren't you yourself buying loyalty in getting a season ticket but not going through the turnstiles each game?
    Can you see why this could come across as selfish on your part. It's ok for you to buy loyalty through a season ticket but not for other options.

I didn't join DNA for Loyalty points, its a by product.
    Same with I had no inclination to get the wee badge on the shirt or the name on the wall. Waste of money if you ask me.

Ultimately this is bringing in circa £600k nett each year, that was not there last year.
    An extra £3M every 5 years, or an opportunity to buy a Ferguson type player each year and increase our contracts to retain players.

I just don't see the desire to remove this revenue stream from the club.
    You don;t need to be part of it, that's an individuals choice.
    No need to belittle those that do though.

I am a DNA member and feel reasonably financially astute (I’m a qualified accountant). I fully understood my fee of £200 odd would not transform AFC’s transfer budget dealings. I also fully understood our funds may have been less than the previous campaign because Celtic had then bought Hayes.
    What I did expect were these funds to be top-up funds to supplement our existing pot and yes, maybe fund a marquee signing or wages (but not loanee wages). We have either paid out all these funds on dross like Forrester, Gleeson and Wilson or we still have not spent it and are waiting for the perfect moment. If either of these are true (and i’m guessing probably a bit of both) then that is just poor.

I thought AberDNA was a great concept. A way of some people contributing more to our club for a specific cause of improving the playing budget. I signed up on day one and paid in full up front.

Whether I am right or wrong, I bet thousands who like me signed up, felt the same way. It has had a great take up and way more than first envisaged.
    But I have not seen one visible difference in our playing budget. People like to see something tangible for their money, that’s understandable. If there had been something that people could say “my AberDNA” bought/done that” , that hits people in a good way and they would be likely to re-purchase or other people would purchase the concept.
    AFC have done nothing, absolutely nothing visible to make DNA subscribers feel they have made a difference.

Like a lot of things, it’s all about perception.

You’re about to be told how wrong you are. Buckle up

So your gripe is not the scheme itself but one part of it, loyalty points.
    By the same token, aren't you yourself buying loyalty in getting a season ticket but not going through the turnstiles each game?
    Can you see why this could come across as selfish on your part. It's ok for you to buy loyalty through a season ticket but not for other options.

I didn't join DNA for Loyalty points, its a by product.
    Same with I had no inclination to get the wee badge on the shirt or the name on the wall. Waste of money if you ask me.

Ultimately this is bringing in circa £600k nett each year, that was not there last year.
    An extra £3M every 5 years, or an opportunity to buy a Ferguson type player each year and increase our contracts to retain players.

I just don't see the desire to remove this revenue stream from the club.
    You don;t need to be part of it, that's an individuals choice.
    No need to belittle those that do though.
    I accept your argument that the season ticket is a form of purchasing loyalty without necessarily having the owner come through the turnstiles. However, the season ticket holder is 'encouraged' to attend the matches by purchasing the admittance fee for all games (except cup which is another minefield) in bulk at the beginning of the season. Also, many season ticket holders like to pass it on if they can't attend games and may encourage the freebie to purchase their own ticket in the forthcoming games. To me, the DNA scheme appeared to allow subscribers to bypass match attendance.

Is to correct that the £600k each year is dependent on the monthly subscribers continuing to pay their installment. How much was it annually? Do those that pay the whole annual total upfront have to do this at the beginning of each of the three seasons of the scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    AFC have done nothing, absolutely nothing visible to make DNA subscribers feel they have made a difference.

Like a lot of things, it’s all about perception.
    This is more damning verdict than anything I can say as a non-subscriber. If this view has a broad base of support among the DNA subscribers then the scheme might not be a crap idea as I suggested, but has left the subscriber feeling scammed...

It's a dangerous game to toy with your support. Just take a look at Blackpool F.C...

The whole DNA scam should really see the end of Stewart Milne as our chairman. He has talked the fans into a con and there is no turning back now. If the man who runs the club cons the fans and the fans just accept that then just turn the lights off at Pittodrie.
    I honestly wouldn’t be giving the multi multi millionaire any more funds to make his life easier. What an absolute disgrace as a chairman.

Were it not for DNA money we couldnt have afforded a loan player (Wilson), thats our ambition right there....

Its very funny and indicative that those most vociferous against the DNA are those that don't participate.
    I can only assume that it to try and cover their own failures
    What failures would that be?

My pal Brochred is a DNA member, he does missionary work in weegieville and therefore is unable to attend games at Pittodrie.
    He just wants a way to put a little money into the club he loves.

Have I a problem with this? No, of course not.

Do I have a problem with DNA? Yes I do.

The loyalty points thing was a disgrace and all the one up paraphernalia available is pathetic.

A big mistake was made saying the money would be used for players.
    What if Forrester had been paraded as DNA's first big signing?

The money should go towards youth development, FREEING money to go towards buying players.

These are Aberdonians parting with money we're talking about.
    "Fit bit o' Forrester is mine?"

Far better you end up with a minibus or a bag of balls or kit for the loons or something.
    6000 members would mean more than that of course, maybe paying for accommodation for the ones moving to Aberdeen.
    Anyway, at the end of each season some account of the spending could be released and people could be proud that they had contributed.

But maybe that's just me trying to cover my own failure.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Were it not for DNA money we couldnt have afforded a loan player (Wilson), thats our ambition right there....
    Imagine if the money was used to purchase him...........

That's the challenge with players, not all fit or turn out as expected (ex. May / Forrester).
    Some you get a better return on (ex. Ferguson)
    Some get you a similar return where you were hoping for more (ex. McLean)

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast