+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: dna

Has there been any word from the club about how many fans have committed to the DNA scheme this season ? And how does it compare with last season ?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Has there been any word from the club about how many fans have committed to the DNA scheme this season ? And how does it compare with last season ?
    I am not a DNA member, never have been and doubt I ever will be. I would be amazed though, if the numbers have went up from last year.
    I think they would be doing VERY well indeed to have the same amount contributing to the scheme this year as they did last year.

Why not join the "Class of 2019" ?

https://afc.us15.list-manage.com/tra...c&e=5fb877c607

Same answer as last year from me... no thanks.

Phucking @rseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    I think the real pressing question should be...has Craig Brown convinces anyone to sign up and contribute?

Had another call re DNA pish! Was a woman so coudnt be to risky. But basically I.told her I'll never sign up for that pish and that I wont be back until either mcinnes or milne or both are away

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Had another call re DNA pish! Was a woman so coudnt be to risky. But basically I.told her I'll never sign up for that pish and that I wont be back until either mcinnes or milne or both are away
    I never signed up to it, but thought it might have been a good idea when it was first launched - like others, I thought "lets wait and see how it goes before making a decision" - turns out it's made no difference whatsoever as nobody has a clue what it's been spent on. Club must be insane if they think folk are going to hand over even more money when they're not told what's happened with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I have told them to note what I say to them in regards to DNA and season ticket so they know not to phone as its like harrasment

"we do not need a strong rangers"

"the football on show is rubbish"

"Kingsford is a terrible idea"

"im fed up and pretty much burst as I don't agree with too much at the club right now"

In case anyone is reading that is what I say all the time. Im not going to miraculously change my mind.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 30-08-2019 at 12:53 PM.

For all you naive money laundering conspirator's, a message from Rob Wicks, Commercial Director: -

It is important to retain our existing talent to remain competitive and maintain the identity of the first team squad.

Over the past few months we have fended off interest in Scott McKenna and Sam Cosgrove, whilst engaging the likes of Joe Lewis (when there was significant interest from rival clubs) and Lewis Ferguson on improved contracts.

Having AberDNA funding available to assist in retaining players of this calibre has been v!tal to the manager.

The management team had the challenge of reinforcing the first team over the summer and as a result of that work, the squad has been bolstered by 9 signings, with the likes of Welsh international winger, Ryan Hedges and Greg Leigh having an immediate impact.

Whilst the backing of AberDNA members is not attributed to any specific signing the funding available allowed us to approach each engagement with confidence we could still satisfy other targeted areas of the squad. This allowed us to deliver a balanced squad in time for the start of the competitive season.

The acquisition of Funso Ojo, in light of significant interest elsewhere, was encouraging and demonstrates the belief the players have in what we are trying to achieve at Aberdeen.

Youth Academy graduates have played a key role in the first team over the past few seasons and there are plenty of reasons to be positive about future prospects.

The club has invested in all the support functions of the Academy over the summer as we aim to develop even more talent for the First Team.

James Walker was appointed as full-time Graduate Sports Scientist to support Paddy Maughan's leadership of the Academy Sports Science Programme.

Kevin Stewart's role as an Academy Goalkeeper coach has been expanded to dedicate more direct goalkeeper coaching contact time to our developing goalkeepers.

The Academy scouting network has also been broadened to ensure we stave off stiff competition for young Scottish talent.

We continue to support our staff with their own professional development and this year Neil Simpson and Barry Robson completed their UEFA Pro Licence, Academy coaches Derek Young and Stuart Duff completed their A Licence and Paul Sheerin began his UEFA Pro Licence.

Players from across many of the Youth Academy age groups had the opportunity to travel overseas over the summer to compete tournaments against high quality opposition.

The 2010’s, who were the youngest ever Aberdeen FC Academy team to compete overseas, participated in the Robin van Persie International Tournament in The Netherlands.

The young Dons faced opposition such as Manchester City, PSV Eindhoven, Werder Bremen and went onto beat Danish side FC Nordsjaellend in the final where they were presented with the trophy from Robin van Persie himself.

We want to ensure that the player development programme continues to improve in our first few years at Kingsford.

The Academy will be under continuous review and the AberDNA support will allow us to maintain our investment in youth.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 12-09-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Last bit: -

This summer saw five players follow in the footsteps of the likes of Scott McKenna, Dean Campbell, Connor McLennan and Ethan Ross in making the move from the AFC Youth Academy to sign Professional contracts.

Calvin Ramsay, Kevin Hanratty, Lyall Booth, Michael Dangana and Tom Ritchie all turned professional with the club over the summer.

Just days after his 16th birthday, Calvin Ramsay was named as a substitute for the first team in the opening day victory over Hearts, a testament to the trust the Manager and his coaching staff have in the emerging talent.

A message from Rob “the buffer” Wicks.
    Ask him to name the investors...he might be able to give you a few names?

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast