+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

One thing we cant deny though is hes a hun pandering c@nt

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What exactly is your objective?
    To convince as many as you can that its not worth the merits and thus reduce the available funds for the club?
    I doubt anyone changed their mind about it after reading what I posted.

If fhis money is needed to keep up with Hearts as yoI say, it’s just more evidence of gross mismanagement from the neep running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I doubt anyone changed their mind about it after reading what I posted.

If fhis money is needed to keep up with Hearts as yoI say, it’s just more evidence of gross mismanagement from the neep running the show.
    Why?
    Heart FoH have 8000 members.
    They've also apparently increased their anticipated revenue through the new stand and corporate capabilities.

Why not look at alternative revenue streams and lets face it, it's been more successful than anyone here anticipated

I typed out a response, then I realised I’d be here all week trying to explain every word of it.

I ask a simple question about DNA and all of a sudden there's arguments about Hairdo's and handbags (which I was horribly reminded of ) and squabbling about whether it's all worth it or not.
    Ohiored kind of sums it up for me.
    I don't get to Match's as I live in old Kent and it's just a way of supporting the club.
    I would get nothing in return as such just maybe a extra player.

I'm going to do it.

You have missed me 57 you old butter
    Last edited by arty; 01-06-2018 at 04:44 PM.

It was meant to say b*gger but the predictive text proved more humorus than me

Sorry, not understanding the Govan team simile.
    Where does that fit in?

I've mentioned before that I don't want the club run like Romanov did at Hearts and put our club at risk.
    It seems that you are suggesting we go down the hunnish route.
    Should we stretch ourselves to take on soft loans etc?
    Similar to Rangers...how many times have Rangers tried to gather extra funds through their own fans after supposedly having a rich chairman/board? Milne and our board of multi millionaires are absolutely no better as we now are expecting the fans to contribute towards our playing staff budget. (Hope you don’t need further help understanding my point )

No suggesting we copy the Huns at all...far from it. All I am saying is Milne is doing nothing with his own personal vast wealth to help our playing budget but our own fans are going to increase it by financing it. Milne didn’t even as much as say that whatever our fans put in he would match it (I am even trying to compromise).
    I know the whole dna thing might not be a lot of money for our fans but spare a thought that the guy in charge of the club has more than enough money to spare.

Should we stretch ourselves to take on soft loans etc?
    Ok, I'll let you spin how we pay for the new stadium. 3, 2, 1...

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Similar to Rangers...how many times have Rangers tried to gather extra funds through their own fans after supposedly having a rich chairman/board? Milne and our board of multi millionaires are absolutely no better as we now are expecting the fans to contribute towards our playing staff budget. (Hope you don’t need further help understanding my point )

No suggesting we copy the Huns at all...far from it. All I am saying is Milne is doing nothing with his own personal vast wealth to help our playing budget but our own fans are going to increase it by financing it. Milne didn’t even as much as say that whatever our fans put in he would match it (I am even trying to compromise).
    I know the whole dna thing might not be a lot of money for our fans but spare a thought that the guy in charge of the club has more than enough money to spare.
    First of all the club doesn't expect anything. The club has given fans the facility to contribute to the playing budget. That is it. If you genuinely want milne out then there is far more attraction for other potential buyers if the business model doesn't rely on 1 man pumping in money.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRed View Post
    I joined AberDNA because I live in the states these days and it's a way to help the club I have loved since the 60s. I suspect the money will be used for signings for a simple reason. If they use it for something else and people find out, then next year they will be lucky to raise enough to buy back Darren Mackie.

Milne didn't get rich by being stupid you know. I have no idea how much money he, or anyone else, puts into the club, and I strongly suspect neither do any of you. You act like getting rid of him would somehow solve all the club's problems. I rather suspect it would just create more. You really are very unlikely to find a very wealthy person coming forward and taking over Aberdeen and then spunking millions on players. Why would they? It would be an appallingly bad investment with zero chance of ever recovering their money. Wealthy people don't become wealthy by doing incredibly stupid things.

I am not particularly a Milne supporter, but neither am I especially opposed to him. I would not however be in favour of his leaving at this time. We are just about to build a new stadium, we have moved forward as a club quite massively in the last five years and I for one want to see where we go from here. As for a supporter buy out. Good luck raising the stadium money with a bunch of people no one ever heard of at the helm.

Sorry to be so negative but sometimes I think you guys need a draft of ice cold reality.
    Great post, well said

Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast