+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    FFS, no wonder this board is struggling. Sometimes it's worse than 5 year olds arguing in a playground and it's very predictable.

Poster A says "black". Posters B quickly jumps down his throat and says "No it's not. It's White". Posters C, D, E, F then wade in saying that they agree with Poster B. Repeat ad infinitum.

Sad.
    Welcome to the world of football fans forums.
    We all like a laugh, joke and argument with different opinions so what’s the problem?
    No point being precious

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    In context, signing up for AberDNA is such a small cost impact.
    Get it done lads, I hear over 5000 have signed up, so should bring in nearly £1M a year

Signing up for AberDNA ......is worth it
    .......isn't that expensive when you think about it
    ...... is money well spent

No

........is such a small cost impact.

T'WAT

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Signing up for AberDNA ......is worth it
    .......isn't that expensive when you think about it
    ...... is money well spent

No

........is such a small cost impact.

T'WAT
    Lol, how old are you min?

Getting older all the time.

I'm catching you up Donsdaft! I'm feeling aaler an aaler.
    Due to the fact I'm a stranger to Pitoddrie these days £18 a month is a small price to pay in lieu of match tickets. Not sure loyalty points will ever be a factor 😠

Is that you playing the elitist card again min.

I've telt you before, being fae the Broch diznae mak you better than onybody else.

I'll hae that little bit on the back of my replica shirt, I can't help being in an elitist clique

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Why the **** would I want to do that?
    Because, an actual Dons page, with no financial reward for those running it, who have no connection to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I'd better chuck out any IT I own, I suppose, since Mr ****ing Omniscient says so, given that it's all manufactured and sold by capitalism. What a ****ing puerile playground argument.

Mind you, the use of 'south of England' as a term of insult and disdain isn't much of a surprise.

Stovies in a flask.
    It wasn't a term of insult, it was pointing out the utter lack of "aberdeen-ness" about this page, where you wish me to post more frequently, and which by doing so benefits AFC by the amount of £0.00, on a topic where you're whinging about the self same fans benefiting their team by £12 per month or more.

You don't see the perverseness of that argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    4. I agree with the comments earlier that we will never truly know what the DNA money is used for, certainly the Annual Accounts will not give that level of detail. It will clearly form part of the income of the club and ultimately we will see what the annual profit or loss will be to know whether all of the income has been spent or not.
    "Certainly"?

It wasn't a term of insult
    Always the get-out for Nationalists. If you'd said "south of Westminster" you'd be at least following the approved house style.

the utter lack of "aberdeen-ness" about this page
    Jebus, that's even more parochial.

where you wish me to post more frequently
    Get ower yersel min. As Billy Connolly once said, "There are some individuals who walk into a room and it feels as if two have left".

benefits AFC by the amount of £0.00
    It's all about money for Thatcher's bairns, isn't it?

on a topic where you're whinging about the self same fans benefiting their team by £12 per month or more
    Wrang spy or laziness? I posted messaages 23 (welcoming arty back), 52 (pointing out that you've been absent for a long time only to return having a go at someone who doesn't agree with your own viewpoint [page 18 of the Nat manual, I think]), and 57, coincidentally enough, responding to your shallow retort. And it's spelt "whingeing", incidentally. Happy to help.

My view on the DNA thing, which I don't believe I have heretofore expressed, is that anyone is free to spend their cash as they see fit. I've had a season ticket since 1981, contribute to some Lottery where for 13 quid a quarter I get a 10 quid cheque sent to me about once every five years, buy tickets for family members when the need arises, purchase a fair bit of merchandise and give time and cash to the Heritage Trust (although it is independent of the club). I feel that that is plenty given my shrinking earnings and concomitant (**** off Traynor, I've been using that for years) effect on lifestyle and ever-more-distant hopes of retirement, that that's enough.

I admire the exiled fans, though, who are digging deep, but I suspect that this is just a stopper in the outflow of the transfer budget to offset what's being taken from there to fund the Skenedome.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 05-06-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast