+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: dna

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Er, no.
    Why not?

You would have the statement of accounts from 2018 and then comparing against 2019 statement, you see how much additional revenue was received and can see how much the budget allocation was affected.

I’d also add in though, your not going to see much this year. Those that have signed up have only just done so and will drip feed the money into the club each month.
    Despite over 5000 signing up, the club has not received the circa £1M yet.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    eh, maybe if the 5 year olds ceased with their petty arguments for a while, more people might be inclined to post more. I certainly would. More often that not when I come on here for a nosey at the posts, I read a few, shake my heid and then log out.

Hasn't a poster just questioned "What Has Happened To This Board". I wonder why.
    I’ve been posting on here a fair while & it’s never been any different

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Can you not accept differing opinions?
    The only differing opinions you accept are your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He does like to tactically avoid certain posts I’ve noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He does like to tactically avoid certain posts I’ve noticed
    Not at all.
    I’m engaging with Dolly who has a differing viewpoint.
    I accept that and am in discussion to better understand.

Now if you two want to join in and add to the discussion, great. If not then that’s very telling too

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    FFS, no wonder this board is struggling. Sometimes it's worse than 5 year olds arguing in a playground and it's very predictable.

Poster A says "black". Posters B quickly jumps down his throat and says "No it's not. It's White". Posters C, D, E, F then wade in saying that they agree with Poster B. Repeat ad infinitum.

Sad.
    F@cking hell folk with opposing opinions.

At least the folk are here keeping the place alive. Without debate this place would be a hive of death.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why not?

You would have the statement of accounts from 2018 and then comparing against 2019 statement, you see how much additional revenue was received and can see how much the budget allocation was affected.
    No you couldn't. There are too many other potential variables involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    F@cking hell folk with opposing opinions.

At least the folk are here keeping the place alive. Without debate this place would be a hive of death.
    I agree it's good to have debate and to have differing opinions.

However, it's the childish nature of the way certain people "debate" on here that is the issue.

Without a lot of the childishness, it is likely that a lot more people would post.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    No you couldn't. There are too many other potential variables involved.
    I’ve never really delved into the clubs statement of accounts, but have heard / read headlines when they come out.
    Are you certain that the accounts would not detail where the revenue has come from and what the expenditure was.
    Certainly there is an analysis of the operating expenditure which will provide detail.
    I’d be very surprised if some accountant could not decipher the details

Just catching up on today's musings after a day in the sun so a few comments on the various posts of today in no particular order

1. I still think DNA is a good thing (other than the link to loyalty points) and it is extra money that the club would not otherwise have.
    2. The £1 Million figure is a red herring as after taking off season ticket discounts/shirt costs/additional admin costs my guess is that the real extra money is around £500K.
    3. It has been clear for the last few years since Mr Donald paid off the debt that Mr S Milne Esq has no interest in putting his own money into the club to fund additional day to day running expenses i.e. increased playing budget. He has clearly adopted a policy of letting the club stand on it's own feet and only spending what we generate from football operations. Now I could be wrong and behind the scenes SM puts in all sorts of money via sponsorship, corporate boxes etc but I see no visibility of that so I think it reasonable to assume he doesn't.
    4. I agree with the comments earlier that we will never truly know what the DNA money is used for, certainly the Annual Accounts will not give that level of detail. It will clearly form part of the income of the club and ultimately we will see what the annual profit or loss will be to know whether all of the income has been spent or not.
    5. The DNA money will not be enough to replace the money we earned from the prior year cup runs that we didn't get this season. I make this point to emphasise that there are various pluses and minuses from year to year on the income side so it's not as simple to say that DNA is extra money over the prior year's budget.

So for me in summary, if people like me are fortunate enough to be able to write off £200 a year in donating it to one of our passions in the hope that when combined with many others that we will get more enjoyment (like winning a trophy) than if we didn't spend the £200 then I think that's okay. I wish we had a Chairman that was willing to write-off (and I mean write-off rather than soft loans) a similar percentage of his wealth each year than my £200 is to me then that trophy victory would be that bit closer but sadly for us he isn't. Time will tell if via the funding of the new stadium we end up with someone like Dave McCormack as Chairman and whether he will be more willing to donate some of his wealth to his passion than the current Chairman but in the meantime anything that increases our income is the best we can do under the current ownership.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast