+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Kellett

Andy Kellett

Released by Wigan said to be on our radar on loan last season at Chesterfield ran the midfield against us on the TV game

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Released by Wigan said to be on our radar on loan last season at Chesterfield ran the midfield against us on the TV game
    Jesus He Christ! Do we need any more midfielders? Unless O'Connor isn't signing, then what is the point. We need wingers and strikers

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I remember his Dad.
    Name:  Les_Kellett.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  11.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Jesus He Christ! Do we need any more midfielders? Unless O'Connor isn't signing, then what is the point. We need wingers and strikers
    Isn't he a left back? At the very least he's left-sided and we have a gap there.

He's also the lad Man U famously once signed on loan I think. Could be a quality signing if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He can play left back, on the wing or centre midfield. Looked quality against us imo. Having versatile players at our level can help massively, given we don't have a endless pot of cash. O'Connor is quality in our league, however we can't just wait around on the off chance he will stay. Tbh with you i have a funny feeling both O'Connor and Dickinson will end up back at Port Vale. Also i know a few Chesterfield fans that, have spoken very highly of the link up between Kellett and Dennis, so if we can get both that would be decent.

He seemed to play pretty much everywhere against Notts on TV! Looked a good player - comfortable on the ball, composed, intelligent.

That said, I do hope O'Connor signs as well. Him and Hewitt in the centre would provide a good platform for more creative players to shine.

Playing devils advocate. This Kellet fella had a good game against us? So people assume he is ‘quality’. If he AND Dennis were that good Chesterfield would not have been so comfortably relegated.
    This is starting to remind me of Lewis Alessandra. People last season said he was quality against us, how did his season pan out? 5/10 most games for me with a sprinkling of good performances.

Let’s face it. My Mam would have looked quality against us v Spirerites

If the plan is to have him as a full back then it might work with Jones being pushed up the wing but if he's coming as a centre mid then Nolan has lost his mind

Looks like he was deployed as a left back early on this season with Chesterfield and then moved further upfield when Jack Lester was appointed manager. If we did sign him as a left midfielder wouldn't the midfield be a little to lightweight?

If we were signing him as a left back I'd much prefer his ex-teammate at both Man Utd and Wigan Reece James, much bigger, seems composed on the ball (looks up when he crosses) and seems to have an ability to defend. Probably going to a different league one side after his Wigan release.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RLAPt48_9Mw

But to stay on topic, Andy Kellitt became notorious for this goal;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmdAZmHYbk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast