+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Is the World Cup soon then? Are the useless toss pots in it this time around? ..... Not an England fan as you can gather
    Same here,I can't see me watching any matches whatsoever ..

It's the hope that kills you...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's the hope that kills you...
    I gave up all hope long ago. I lived through those 'thirty years of hurt' and that was 22 years ago. I just watch England now because I'm English and I like a good moan.

Lingard, Alli and Henderson in a midfield three, the group opposition must already be wetting themselves...

Attachment 9708

Sterling will let us down, Henderson is OK but he wouldn't get near a Spanish, French or German national team, Alli can turn it on occasionally but is more likely to disappear, oil tankers manoeuvre quicker than Dier, but the two that worry me most are Lingard and Rashford, a lot of hype because they play for United, but neither looks even close to being good enough to me.

At least we have a proper goalkeeper at last, and those useless lumps Jones and Smalling have been sussed, it's not all bad.

I had recorded the Champions League Final and watched it through last night.

Henderson got nowhere near the Madrid midfielders and Milner's performance left me wondering why he is not in the England squad?

If I was Loris I would never want to watch this rerun again!

Lingard and Rashford are a million miles away from a World Cup winning team, but then again, so are England.

Everything Fans Need To Know About A Fan-ID For 2018 World Cup

It’s an identification document which is a requirement to have for every single person (including children) attending the World Cup in Russia. It is a new thing for the fans – a Fan-ID system has never been used at the previous World Cup’s.

It looks like a laminated card which has a name and a picture on the front and an identification number on the back. The Fan-ID is issued by the Russian authorities, not by FIFA and it has a security purpose (so every fan could be identified in case of the emergency) as well as a way to provide a visa-free entry for the World Cup visitors.

What are the benefits of the Fan-ID?
    Visa-free entry to Russia during the 2018 World Cup. To be more specific, fans are allowed to enter Russia without a visa 10 days prior to the first World Cup game (which is on June 14th) and leave 10 days after the Final (it is on July 15th). So you have a period from June 4th to July 25th to travel to World Cup in Russia without a visa. Even if you are a citizen of one of the countries that normally require a visa to enter Russia, for the time of the World Cup this visa requirement will be waived. Remember, that when you enter and exit Russia at the passport control besides your Fan-ID you must have a valid passport as well as the match tickets or proof of their purchase (printed copy with the ticket confirmation number from FIFA’s website).

Free transportation by train between the host cities. This is a bonus for the fans, thanks to the Russian government. Here is the website where you can apply for free trains. Important: you can only get a free transportation going to and leaving after the game if you have a match ticket for that specific game. You can find out more information on this topic in my other post about free trains for 2018 World Cup.

How much does it cost to get a Fan-ID?
    It is absolutely free. You won’t have to pay a penny for getting a Fan-ID, they’ll even deliver it worldwide for free. The Russians are taking all the expenses for this service. And if you think about it, it is a lot of money – they are going to issue and deliver about 2 million Fan-ID’s to the fans from all over the world.

The only possible expense is if you’ll have to go to the photo center to have a picture taken unless you already have a digital photo which fits the Fan-ID photo requirement

.....more at https://russianblogger.me/fan-id-2018-world-cup/

How many Russian road signs can YOU correctly identify?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...up-Russia.html

Nick gets shirt 23 of 23 so he’s in the squad but going as ballboy unless Pickford and Butland come a cropper.
    The squad
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/index.html
    Last edited by oldcolner; 04-06-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    How many Russian road signs can YOU correctly identify?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/tr...up-Russia.html
    Got 6 right Balam. Just as well I’m not going. Your score?

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)