+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Ronaldo hat trick thwarts Spain in a brilliant 3-3 draw. Costa gets two to bring them level twice and Nacho gives Spain 3-2 lead, only for an amazing free kick to equalise. De Gea bloomer lets in the second so he won’t sleep tonight.
    The rest of you must have slept through it!

A brilliant game OC. This World Cup has started off amazingly well, despite all of the doom and gloom predictions.

What World Cup....Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I arrived in 1957 too so we were probably playing in the same team!!
    What are your initials Supersub, maybe I can remember you. I don't think I was cut out for that place, started 1X, then it was downhill all the way, 2L, 3S, 4S, 5S, and out looking for work with one O Level.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What are your initials Supersub, maybe I can remember you. I don't think I was cut out for that place, started 1X, then it was downhill all the way, 2L, 3S, 4S, 5S, and out looking for work with one O Level.
    I also started in 1X and managed to stay in the X all the way through, although I was the youngest in the school when I first started. I went into the 6th form but I left in 1964 after my mum had a heart attack so I got a job in District Bank at Great Harwood --but I saw sense in 1966 and joined the RAF as a musician. Myself and Adrian Redmond, who lived on Blackburn Road, used to occasionally play trombone duets at assembly and things, which used to please Ben Johnson and George Crick! lol
    My initials are AP and it is the same name as a famous film director, who I know through my time in the RAF when we played on one of his films--and also the same as a very good guitarist and composer.
    As a matter of interest --what are your initials?

.....Bill helps Fred - much like what Spain did for Portugal....cheesy stuff.

It was a cracking game though wasn't it, and goodness me I wish we had quality like Ronaldo in the England team. Hes stunningly arrogant but hes got the talent to match it, and he knows it!. How long will it take for Jordan Henderson to become the new Ronaldo ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    It was a cracking game though wasn't it, and goodness me I wish we had quality like Ronaldo in the England team. Hes stunningly arrogant but hes got the talent to match it, and he knows it!. How long will it take for Jordan Henderson to become the new Ronaldo ?.
    Hmmmm...forever?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    What World Cup....Am I missing something?
    Not really Alf. Putins having a wee competition and a lot of players have gone on holiday there. Today Iceberg is playing for some Iceland XI against some lads from Argentina and will join our roll of honour if he does get on. ( I didn’t know we had one) He could get Messy though,

Today’s games start at 11 and finish at bedtime

GROUP C
    France 11:00. Australia
    Peru 17:00. Denmark

GROUP D
    Argentina 14:00. Iceland
    Croatia 20:00. Nigeria

Only another month to go -

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I also started in 1X and managed to stay in the X all the way through, although I was the youngest in the school when I first started. I went into the 6th form but I left in 1964 after my mum had a heart attack so I got a job in District Bank at Great Harwood --but I saw sense in 1966 and joined the RAF as a musician. Myself and Adrian Redmond, who lived on Blackburn Road, used to occasionally play trombone duets at assembly and things, which used to please Ben Johnson and George Crick! lol
    My initials are AP and it is the same name as a famous film director, who I know through my time in the RAF when we played on one of his films--and also the same as a very good guitarist and composer.
    As a matter of interest --what are your initials?
    Some interesting stuff for you AP, but I don't want to bore the rest with it, I'll PM you later.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)