+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Good luck to France --and they certainly had more than their fair share in this match.
    Football can be a cruel game, particularly when the opinion of four men watching a screen can influence an onfield official to change his mind on what was originally a correct decision.
    He also stopped Croatia taking a free kick similar to what Man City did against us in the FA Cup, there was no reason to bring play back at all.
    I still maintain that VAR will be the death of football as we older generation know it.

I am expecting John Terry to be there to receive the trophy --he hasn't been seen for a while!

Another atrocious VAR influenced decision, that there was contact between ball and hand wasn't in dispute, the ref only had to be sure the contact was intentional, if he wasn't certain he shouldn't give it, and as it took him quite a while to make his mind up, he clearly wasn't certain. These people really know how to ruin a game of football, but they won't be ruining many more for me, if this farce drags on much longer I won't be watching any game involving VAR, not even at Turf Moor.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Another atrocious VAR influenced decision, that there was contact between ball and hand wasn't in dispute, the ref only had to be sure the contact was intentional, if he wasn't certain he shouldn't give it, and as it took him quite a while to make his mind up, he clearly wasn't certain. These people really know how to ruin a game of football, but they won't be ruining many more for me, if this farce drags on much longer I won't be watching any game involving VAR, not even at Turf Moor.
    sinkov--as sure as eggs are eggs it will be introduced into the PL in season 2019/20 and that will be the end of my trips to the Turf and some away games.
    The plus side is that it will save me around £1350 per year so that cruise industry will profit along with my local Northern League team where a season ticket will cost me £30 for the season and you can get a pie and chips and a pint for £3.50!

there's been too many colossal blunders in this WC for me to believe it on the square....therefore - I fear the game's been made Rotten !

Officials make less mistakes per game than the players and yet they are the ones who always get chastised because most fans can only see one side of the picture, however, it is the wish of many fans that VAR is introduced and, as it is also the wish of FIFA, it is inevitable that it will be the future of the game ta the top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Officials make less mistakes per game than the players and yet they are the ones who always get chastised because most fans can only see one side of the picture, however, it is the wish of many fans that VAR is introduced and, as it is also the wish of FIFA, it is inevitable that it will be the future of the game ta the top level.
    I know what you're saying supersub, and I honestly have no problem with officials making mistakes, they are inevitable. What annoys me though are the ones like today that wasn't a mistake as such, the ref was not certain that the handball was intentional, he thought long and hard about it, so long and hard that the only conclusion he should have drawn was....I'm not certain there was intent, so I can't give it. But he did give it, it wasn't a mistake it was simply a bad decision. But again, I do have some sympathy for him, the VAR muppets placed him under enormous pressure, what in effect they said to him was, 'Oy mate, we think you've made a mistake, better have a look.' In these circumstances it would take a very brave referee to say, 'No, you lot with your video screens are wrong and I'm right'.

Or foolish.

sinkov--as sure as eggs are eggs it will be introduced into the PL in season 2019/20 and that will be the end of my trips to the Turf and some away games.
    The plus side is that it will save me around £1350 per year so that cruise industry will profit along with my local Northern League team where a season ticket will cost me £30 for the season and you can get a pie and chips and a pint for £3.50!
    Do you know anything about Sunderland RCA or Sunderland Ryhope CW Supersub ? They're playing each other in the FA Cup and the winners will be travelling down here to play Clitheroe. I was talking to the Clitheroe chairman yesterday and she had no idea what level they were at, but we're expecting a hard game whichever of them it is. We haven't forgotten Consett yet, please tell me neither are as good as them.

WORLD CUP AWARDS

Golden Ball: Luka Modric
    Golden Boot: Harry Kane
    Golden Glove: Thibaut Courtois
    Young Player: Kylian Mbappe

Sunderland RCA are usually quite decent and play in the Northern League 1st Division and finished in 4th place last season although they were 18 points behind Marske who finished in second place. They were 11 points above Consett who finished in 9th position.
    They play quite an attacking style but sometimes leave themselves open at the back but they are a decent football team.
    Ryhope Colliery Welfare are also in the Northern League 1st Division and finished 11th last season being 8 points behind Consett but 19 points behind RCA. They scored 85 goals but also conceded 87 in 42 league games.
    RCA should win the match between the two, however, you can never tell when it is early season. If Clitheroe have to play RCA it will be a hard game and last season they got through to the Second Qualifying Round before losing 0-2 away at Scarborough.
    I am not sure what changes these teams may have this season because it all depends on whether managers have changed etc.

Sunderland RCA are usually quite decent and play in the Northern League 1st Division and finished in 4th place last season although they were 18 points behind Marske who finished in second place. They were 11 points above Consett who finished in 9th position.
    They play quite an attacking style but sometimes leave themselves open at the back but they are a decent football team.
    Ryhope Colliery Welfare are also in the Northern League 1st Division and finished 11th last season being 8 points behind Consett but 19 points behind RCA. They scored 85 goals but also conceded 87 in 42 league games.
    RCA should win the match between the two, however, you can never tell when it is early season. If Clitheroe have to play RCA it will be a hard game and last season they got through to the Second Qualifying Round before losing 0-2 away at Scarborough.
    I am not sure what changes these teams may have this season because it all depends on whether managers have changed etc.
    Cheers Supersub, we're in for a difficult afternoon then. At least Clitheroe should be stronger this time, the new manager has made some useful looking signings, including a couple of ex Scarborough players, but you never know. I don't think the Consett fans left too good an impression down here, hopefully the Sunderland lads will be more amicable.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)