+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Pickford is saying he wants to play in this Mickey Mouse game so that he can win the Golden Gloves, whatever that is. Do I not like that, it's the first hint of a player putting self before the team. If I was Southgate I'd knock that on the head right away, a half each for Butland and Pope should be enough to put Pickford and his vanity back in it's box.

Looks like we’re in the money for Nick and Joey.

Premier League clubs are set to receive £30.75m as Fifa pay £6,460-per-day in compensation for every player released for the tournament. (Mirror)

FIFA began making payments on May 31 and they end one day after the player exits the tournament.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...dfall-12912265

I make that £300k for Nicks 45 days and around £160k for Joeys 26 days with Tom getting 8 days adding £50k more.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 14-07-2018 at 12:36 PM.

England ring a few changes
    In come Danny Rose, Eric Dier, Phil Jones, Fabian Delph and Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
    Whilst Kyle Walker, Ashley Young, Jordan Henderson, Jesse Lingard and Dele Alli drop out.

England XI: Pickford, Jones, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Rose, Dier, Delph, Loftus-Cheek, Sterling, Kane.

For Belgium
    Marouane Fellaini and Mousa Dembele drop out.
    Belgium XI: Courtois, Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen, Meunier, Chadli, Tielemans, Witsel, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku.

The Golden Boot game!!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 14-07-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Pickford is saying he wants to play in this Mickey Mouse game so that he can win the Golden Gloves, whatever that is. Do I not like that, it's the first hint of a player putting self before the team. If I was Southgate I'd knock that on the head right away, a half each for Butland and Pope should be enough to put Pickford and his vanity back in it's box.

I was thinking the same Sinkov, didn't know Pickford said that though, so I would have had a word in Pickfords ear if I was Southgate saying its a team game and I'm giving them some playing time and experience, but you are my number one, poor from Southgate who I still think is not the man for the job.

If both teams play the way they can, expect a Belgium thumping.

Belgium 2 England 0.Came up against two decent sides in the tournament and got outplayed,outworked and outclassed against both of them in 3 matches.We were shoite really as we only beat the teams we were expected to beat.Once again over hyped.

the truth is imminent......they're comin home - they're comin home....Englands comin home

To be brutally honest, I never thought we would get this far.

Amazing that we never really tried to take the bronze, but I had "Do One Airlines" booked a couple of weeks ago...

Attachment 10281

We're making progress under Southgate, we are now a mediocre team that looks and plays like mediocre team. Under Roy we were a mediocre team that looked and played like a pub team on a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I was thinking the same Sinkov, didn't know Pickford said that though, so I would have had a word in Pickfords ear if I was Southgate saying its a team game and I'm giving them some playing time and experience, but you are my number one, poor from Southgate who I still think is not the man for the job.

If both teams play the way they can, expect a Belgium thumping.
    Thought this was about a squad. If so Butland & Pope should have been given game time. Jones was picked ffs for this fixture.

Harry wins the golden boot and France win 4-2 having been given an own goal and a penalty by VAR for a handball that wasn’t deliberate or unnatural to go 2-1 ahead. Croatia were the better side in the first half. They weren’t in our game! A few splashes of inspiration from the French and some luck saw them win it.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)