+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Not sure we threw it but their reserves beat ours 1-0 and Pickford was pretty poor. It could have been more.
    Tunisia manage dto beat Panama 2-1 to complete the round. So it’s Columbia on Tuesday in Moscow for us.

I've seen faster slugs than Dier, Jones got shown up by Fellaini, and watching him trying to play the ball out of defence is excruciating, Delph isn't good enough, Vardy is like a round peg in a square hole playing for England, Rashford is an even worse finisher than Stirling, and if you could affix a Roman Candle to Ruben's backside he'd be a world-beater.

Lots of things learnt from that game, most of them negative, I don't think any of those on the bench will be losing any sleep tonight, except possibly Ashley Young.

As Colner says, their reserves beat ours, which tells me we how weak we really are with Shearer, Lineker and all the rest creaming themselves believing we can do it, which is possible with a bit of luck but we are really a long way behind some teams in creativity and entertaining football, great to view all the German team and fans as they went out

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Not sure we threw it but their reserves beat ours 1-0 and Pickford was pretty poor. It could have been more.
    Tunisia manage dto beat Panama 2-1 to complete the round. So it’s Columbia on Tuesday in Moscow for us.
    Pickford has shown he is not as good as they think, bit of a flapper who regularly pushes the ball back into the danger area right in front of goal better teams would punish us for that. its only due to Belgium not really pressuring him that kept the score at 1-0. If he is the no1 going forward then we won't win anything. A good tournament team starts with a very good Keeper and Pickford isn't.

So it’s goodbye to Messi and Ronaldo and Harry still leads the golden boot.
    France look good in scoring 4 and Mbappe looks the real deal, but they leak three.
    Uruguay win 2-1 as Ronaldo doesn’t shine much or score. Cavani I does well getting two but goes off injured
    I had France and Portugal down to win

Spain Russia tomorrow with Diego Costa wanting two to take the Golden Boot lead from Harry.
    Croatia v Denmark at 7

I fancy Spain and Croatia but most folk would!

I fancy Rachel Riley ,but life's a bitch and then you die..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I don't mind being second alf. I love her for her maths ---I have always been good with figures,

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I don't mind being second alf. I love her for her maths ---I have always been good with figures,
    Uruguay will take some stopping, they would murder us.

Attachment 10038

Here’s hoping

the Countdown beauty shared a picture of herself next to a board which bore a promise she would present the Channel 4 show naked if England bring home the World Cup 2018 trophy.

Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)