+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    They did not need to guess, 56 bleeding cameras captured every wrestling hold.
    They also captured every other bit of potential foul play going on in the box and decided that there was too much going on to singlge out any one incident. That was the fair way and what fans want, not just to single out one potential foul on one player when everything else was going on as well. I hate VAR, however, you can't just use it to say that England should benefit when it was obvious to anyone who has refereed at a decent level that there was plenty going on.
    This is what amazes me when I hear Clattenburg and his ilk going on about it ----how many times did he give a penalty for something similar? The answer starts and ends with 0.

Bad news on Joey
    Iceland assistant coach Helgi Koldvidsson told a press conference: "Johann Berg Gudmundsson has torn a muscle. It remains a question whether he will be fit, but we'll see on match-day."

Today’s games
    Can the Aussies survive? Will France click and can Messi find himself or can the Croats take the Argies down?

GROUP C
    Denmark 13:00. Australia
    France 16:00. Peru

GROUP D
    Argentina 19:00. Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You mean like the ordinary fans who think that you can't have a free kick in your own half if someone is deemed offside? lol

No, I mean like the ordinary fans who could see Kane being blatantly wrestled to the ground on two different occasions, something which a referee apparently failed to see from six feet away, and a whole team of them with a bank of video screens to help didn't see either.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Bad news on Joey
    Iceland assistant coach Helgi Koldvidsson told a press conference: "Johann Berg Gudmundsson has torn a muscle. It remains a question whether he will be fit, but we'll see on match-day."
    No stranger to a sick note our Berg is he, which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, I mean like the ordinary fans who could see Kane being blatantly wrestled to the ground on two different occasions, something which a referee apparently failed to see from six feet away, and a whole team of them with a bank of video screens to help didn't see either.
    They saw it and chose to ignore it along with the other six offences being committed at the same time. Good referee and good VAR operators who realise that ALL decisions are important and that, because the first offence was committed by an English player and the ball was cleared, it was not worth stopping the game. Referee's decision was correct as far as VAR, FIFA and anyone who isn't an English fan is concerned.

VAR has just awarded a penalty to Australia as I type and what a ludicrous decision that was.
    FIFA need to re-write The Laws of The Game and state that if a ball hits the hand it is handball whether intentional or not, in fact, they need to re-write all TLOG because they are becoming far removed from those which I have known for well over 60 years.

Never a penalty. He was looking the other way for one thing....

What an absolute farce, quite honestly if this shambles continues I'll stop watching top level football and stick to non-league. The refs aren't up to much at level 8, but at least they're allowed to do their job, and by and large they give what they see.

Whoever is responsible for this VAR shambles should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, because that's what they've done, they've made a laughing stock of this World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Never a penalty. He was looking the other way for one thing....

Clattenberg agrees with you 59/60, as does Martin O'Neill, as do I. Jesus fecking wept, I've switched it off, I can't take any more, I'm watching Royal Ascot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What an absolute farce, quite honestly if this shambles continues I'll stop watching top level football and stick to non-league. The refs aren't up to much at level 8, but at least they're allowed to do their job, and by and large they give what they see.

Whoever is responsible for this VAR shambles should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute, because that's what they've done, they've made a laughing stock of this World Cup.
    I don't disagree with any of that! Unfortunately, it is only going to get worse because those running the game think that it is the way forward and the media have convinced many fans that this is the way forward.
    I honestly think that it will make referee recruitment and retention more difficult in the long run.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)