+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

World Cup latest

We have no referees at the Cup - yet this guy was there despite being banned in his home country.

Fifa has dropped Saudi Arabian referee Fahad Al-Mirdasi from the 2018 World Cup after he was banned for a match-fixing attempt in his country.

Al-Mirdasi, 32, was already banned from officiating for life by the Saudi Arabian Football Federation (SAFF).

The body claims he confessed to trying to fix the King's Cup final between Al-Ittihad and Al-Faisaly.

After considering evidence, Fifa said "the conditions to be selected for the World Cup are not satisfied anymore".

World football's governing body also stood down Mohammed Al-Abakry and Abdulah Al-Shalwai, the two assistant referees who were due to work with Al-Mirdasi.

Salah should be fit to play in three weeks. That could mean he may miss the game against Russia on June 19

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44308773

Is Ramos a Russian agent?

A fully fledged, novichok carrying, weapon of Mo destruction...

Is the World Cup soon then? Are the useless toss pots in it this time around? ..... Not an England fan as you can gather

Nigeria game soon

Pickford starts with three keepers as subs! Could Nick get a cap! Go on Gareth you know it makes sense.

Jordan Pickford starts in goal.

A back five with Kieran Trippier and Ashley Young either side of Kyle Walker, John Stones and Gary Cahill.

In midfield Jesse Lingard, Eric Dier, and Raheem Sterling

Dele Alli behind Harry Kane in attack.

On the bench there are three keepers - Tom Heaton, Nick Pope and Jack Butland.

England: Pickford, Trippier, Young, Walker, Stones, Cahill, Lingard, Dier, Kane, Sterling, Alli.

Subs: Rose, Butland, Maguire, Delph, Livermore, Vardy, Welbeck, Loftus-Cheek, Lallana, Rashford, Pope, Heaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Is the World Cup soon then? Are the useless toss pots in it this time around? ..... Not an England fan as you can gather
    Yes mostly, but chances for two Burnley lads to show their worth. Are you a Nigerian supporter or an ABE (anyone but England) man?

Thats it Nigeria to win then ? Not because their football ,because of their dazzling shirts !!! :-)

Typical England, excellent first half, tactical changes by Nigeria at half-time, and we were all over the place second half. Gareth's formation worked well for 45 minutes, but he must have been oblivious to the fact that Nigeria would change things at half-time, and we might need a Plan B. Ah well, at least getting it right for 45 minutes is an improvement on Roy.

Sterling continues to give me the impression that he's a very lucky boy to have ten such good players around him at City. Surround him by ten mediocre players in the England team, and he's not half as impressive, in fact he's not impressive at all.

Great to see England playing in their 'proper' strip again, I was beginning to think that had gone for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I know what you mean Ram, useless toss pots is not an inaccurate desription, but I'm English, they're my team, nowt I can do about it, so I have to watch and support them. I suppose the 30 years plus of watching Burnley teams churning out rubbish in the lower divisions has helped, sometimes watching the England team has been a relief from that, sometimes it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes mostly, but chances for two Burnley lads to show their worth. Are you a Nigerian supporter or an ABE (anyone but England) man?
    Gave up on England after the South Africa WC farce.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)