+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I understand Vardy was injured and GS ruled him out as a penalty taker. High management marks and credit to Vardy if he admitted the injury.
    If that's what they're saying outwood, but it seems odd to me. Kane looked far more battered and bruised than Vardy, but still managed to take his, Lingard was another PL striker who you'd think might/should be in front of Dier in the queue, and if Vardy was so bad he couldn't take a pen then why was he still on the pitch ? He should have been hooked with Wellbeck or Loftus-Cheek replacing him.

I'm not complaining, it's just an observation, we won, Gareth's a hero, and that's the end of it. I just can't help feeling he dodged a bullet though.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I understand Vardy was injured and GS ruled him out as a penalty taker. High management marks and credit to Vardy if he admitted the injury.
    He was holding his groin as he ran to celebrate so I will withdraw my cynicism and wish him well. Looks like he could be out.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 04-07-2018 at 02:07 PM.

I have just been reading that Vardy is doubtful for the Sweden match because he has suffered a thigh (could relate to groin) injury late in the game yesterday and he was scheduled to be a penalty taker but told GS that he was not 100% and Dier got the job.

Not good.

Europe v S America twice.
    I fancy both European sides but it won’t be without Hazard.
    How many rolls will Neymar take tomorrow

QUARTER-FINAL
    Uruguay 15:00 France
    Brazil 19:00.Belgium

Trippier, Neymar and de Bruyne the three most creative players in the World Cup.

Debruyne puts Neymar in the shade and Brazil out 2-1, joining France who put Uruguay to the sword with a little help from a keepers goof.
    So it’s now an all European competition with the big one tomorrow
    Sweden v England 3pm
    Croatia v Russia 7pm

If the final is between France and Russia, do you think a guy called Napoleon or Putin will referee it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    If the final is between France and Russia, do you think a guy called Napoleon or Putin will referee it?
    nah - wouldn't have the Gaulle - anyway, he'd Dropov watching those two.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)