+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup latest

Yes they seem quite lively up front. Tripps doing well so far. Two minutes to take a penalty is ridiculous. Harry kept his head in the manufactured turmoil.

Lingard gets a lot of stick from al ot of Clarets fans, however, he is right on his game in this match and that was a super strike to put us three up!

A good free kick routine which has paid off with Stones scoring a second ---if VAR decides it was not offside!
    Last edited by Supersub6; 24-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Harry’s rugby tackle picked up thus time and he gets another goal for 5-0 before half time.

Time to give a few off the bench some game time?

Ghead Grisha, the referee, has been a little bit fussy at times, however, his decision making has been superb in this, his first match at this Tournament. He has been on top of things right from the start, my only worry is that we get dragged into any silly things with the Panamanians and someone gets sent off.

England get 6 and go top of the table, Harry gets a fluke off the heel deflection to get his hat trick an comes off with Vardy getting on with Delph on for Lingard and Rose on for Tripps

Lack of discipline with the left side of our defence playing Panama onside to score a goal. Commentators said Young and Maguire but it wasn't --it was Walker and Maguire that had dropped deeper and they were furthest away from the scorer!!

Panama get one from a free kick as we lose our shape and threat with the subs.
    Vardy not seen the ball yet.
    10 mins left.
    Tripps getting his thigh strapped! Oh dear
    Last edited by oldcolner; 24-06-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Ends 6-1 with us level on goals scored and conceded and difference with Belgium. Now what happens if we draw? Toss of a coin??
    Just said it’s fair play and we have two bookings the have three so far then you draw lots.
    Pity we didn’t try to score in the last 20.

I was sorry to see England play like they did after Kean went off. This is the wrong tactic! In this World Cup there must be that passion to fight and to struggle,sadly that was lacking.If you start to play is a lazy fashion you will play in this way again.I don't care if we had 10 goals you must play with passion and fight! .....and this pub team scored?? So Southgate, please take a taxi to some where far!!!.....and don't fiss me off again!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I was sorry to see England play like they did after Kean went off. This is the wrong tactic! In this World Cup there must be that passion to fight and to struggle,sadly that was lacking.If you start to play is a lazy fashion you will play in this way again.I don't care if we had 10 goals you must play with passion and fight! .....and this pub team scored?? So Southgate, please take a taxi to some where far!!!.....and don't fiss me off again!!!!
    You're a hard man balan, 5-0 up at half-time and playing in 30 degrees, there isn't a team in the world wouldn't have backed off like England did.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)