+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: David Hopkin

Whats Nice got to do with GG, cause hes French

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Whats Nice got to do with GG, cause hes French
    Really, I thought he was from Wombwell/Womble (wherever the heck that is).

Stop digging Acido

So when are they planning to get someone in place unless they have but he is managing a nation at the world cup first before the announcement. I am worried about next season i really am, if we make the top half i will be impressed. Like frankie said....the end is near

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Stop digging Acido
    Ok kid lol, back to a previous part of this thread then.. what about the Romanian manager/coach who has been mentioned. Does anybody think he'd be another Nandos (Morais) type appt ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok kid lol, back to a previous part of this thread then.. what about the Romanian manager/coach who has been mentioned. Does anybody think he'd be another Nandos (Morais) type appt ?.
    I do Acido. What the fekkin ell do foreign coaches know about lg1? When I think of successful clubs in lg1 how many successful foreign managers/head coaches has there been? Only one i can think of is Gus poyet who was involved in English football as a player to be fair. Can any body name another one?

Here's a list of successful LG 1 managers in recent seasons.

17/18- 1st Wigan Paul cook 2nd Blackburn tony Mowbray p/o Rotherham paul Warne

16/17 1st sheff utd chris wilder 2nd bolton phil Parkinson p/o millwall Neil Harris

15/16 1st Wigan Gary Caldwell 2nd Burton Nigel clough p/o Barnsley Hecky

14/15 1st Bristol city Steve Cottrell 2nd MKdons Carl Robinson p/o PNE Grayson

13/14 1st Wolves Kenny jacket 2nd Brentford mark Warburton p/o Rotherham Steve Evans

12/13 1st Doncaster Bryan Flynn 2nd Bournemouth Eddie Howe p/o Yeovil Gary Johnson

11/12 1st Charlton Chris Powell 2nd Sheffield Wednesday Dave Jones p/o Huddersfield Simon Grayson

10/11 1st Brighton Gus poyet (laiked in English football as a player) 2nd Southampton Nigel Adkins p/o Peterborough Darren Ferguson

09/10 1st Norwich Paul Lambert 2nd leeds Grayson p/o millwall Kenny jacket

08/09 1st Leicester Nigel Pearson 2nd Peterborough Darren Ferguson p/o Scunny Atkins

Theer tha guz. Bit on a sad b@stard me toneet lads but av bin back 10 seasons to try and prove mi point and only 1 successful foreign coach In LG 1. If goathair cares to look at the 'statistics' provided by yours truly then we'd do well to think afooar appointing another foreign Morais type waster to get us promotion

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I do Acido. What the fekkin ell do foreign coaches know about lg1? When I think of successful clubs in lg1 how many successful foreign managers/head coaches has there been? Only one i can think of is Gus poyet who was involved in English football as a player to be fair. Can any body name another one?

Here's a list of successful LG 1 managers in recent seasons.

17/18- 1st Wigan Paul cook 2nd Blackburn tony Mowbray p/o Rotherham paul Warne

16/17 1st sheff utd chris wilder 2nd bolton phil Parkinson p/o millwall Neil Harris

15/16 1st Wigan Gary Caldwell 2nd Burton Nigel clough p/o Barnsley Hecky

14/15 1st Bristol city Steve Cottrell 2nd MKdons Carl Robinson p/o PNE Grayson

13/14 1st Wolves Kenny jacket 2nd Brentford mark Warburton p/o Rotherham Steve Evans

12/13 1st Doncaster Bryan Flynn 2nd Bournemouth Eddie Howe p/o Yeovil Gary Johnson

11/12 1st Charlton Chris Powell 2nd Sheffield Wednesday Dave Jones p/o Huddersfield Simon Grayson

10/11 1st Brighton Gus poyet (laiked in English football as a player) 2nd Southampton Nigel Adkins p/o Peterborough Darren Ferguson

09/10 1st Norwich Paul Lambert 2nd leeds Grayson p/o millwall Kenny jacket

08/09 1st Leicester Nigel Pearson 2nd Peterborough Darren Ferguson p/o Scunny Atkins

Theer tha guz. Bit on a sad b@stard me toneet lads but av bin back 10 seasons to try and prove mi point and only 1 successful foreign coach In LG 1. If goathair cares to look at the 'statistics' provided by yours truly then we'd do well to think afooar appointing another foreign Morais type waster to get us promotion
    Nice research Pass , says it all doesn't it .

Hey thanks Pass, and I had no idea about those stats to be honest.
    Id take anybody who knows about Lg One to begin with, and Id only take a Lg Two appt if it was a choice between him and some nobody in Europe (like Morais of course).
    Gareth Ainsworth seems to be popular with our fans, but Id ask is he really up to Lg One as hes never been there so far with Wycombe.
    Simon 'Larry' Grayson still ticks the boxes for me, and so especially does Gary Bowyer at the Blacky Lashers. Are they even on our radar I wonder ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey thanks Pass, and I had no idea about those stats to be honest.
    Id take anybody who knows about Lg One to begin with, and Id only take a Lg Two appt if it was a choice between him and some nobody in Europe (like Morais of course).
    Gareth Ainsworth seems to be popular with our fans, but Id ask is he really up to Lg One as hes never been there so far with Wycombe.
    Simon 'Larry' Grayson still ticks the boxes for me, and so especially does Gary Bowyer at the Blacky Lashers. Are they even on our radar I wonder ?.

Well mate the powers that be down Oakwell are very keen on stats I hear and the statistics for foreign managers who are lg1 virgins look bleak to say the least.

Agree that Grayson would be good but I think if he were coming he'd been here by now. God knows what we gonna end up wi. I have my suspicions but I hope they give it Hopkin or ainsworth

Dave Hopkin hasn't really become an option has he since these last few days, and can we believe hes really a main choice etc ?.
    I don't know much about the lower end of the Scotch leagues, but hasn't he achieved similar to what Jack Ross did and Ross was one of our original choices (allegedly!).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast