+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre-season

Pre-season

Announcement about the first pre-season friendly;

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/l...tures-14727897

away to Hockadays old haunt, Forest Green.

The article mentions that ER won't host any friendlies until July 29 (the last), so all but that last game will be "on the road".

Thanks.

I do enjoy that you miss out the key part that the pitch is being relaid and that is why we are not playing at ER.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of some good old negative spin aye

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    I do enjoy that you miss out the key part that the pitch is being relaid and that is why we are not playing at ER.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of some good old negative spin aye
    The article (not one I have authored, honestly) mentions that we're hosting an England friendly on June 8th, (which is of zero interest to me (and I suspect all the other fans who will not be going to ER (attendance figures will be interesting)), and a boxing match. Nothing about pitch relaying and I haven't been able to find anything that tells me that such work is planned (Nothing on NewsNow, the official club site,
    https://www.leedsunited.com/news/tea...ures-announced

nothing). So forgive me for not having your inside knowledge.

But thanks for prompting me to visit the club site and be underwhelmed by yet another lack-lustre set of pre-season games. Some "statement of intent" and preparation for the new season (Although I'm sure Forest Green, Guiseley and York City will be mightily pleased at the additional revenue).

Strange, i would of expected another league 1 side or two in that mix. Seems one or two games short given the quality of sides lined up. Assume the Guiseley game will be a second string line up of fringe players given its two days on from Oxford.

Las palmas will be a decent test, surprised we ain't playing against leonesa lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Strange, i would of expected another league 1 side or two in that mix. Seems one or two games short given the quality of sides lined up. Assume the Guiseley game will be a second string line up of fringe players given its two days on from Oxford.
    It's "would have", not "would of", unless of course you're Marley in disguise?

As to the "opposition"? Dreadfully underwhelming, no preparation at all for the season starting a few days after our last pre-season game.

Sounds more like a few OAP bus excursions than pre season games. Maybe its designed to be easy on all our new signings after they have exerted themselves playing in the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Sounds more like a few OAP bus excursions than pre season games. Maybe its designed to be easy on all our new signings after they have exerted themselves playing in the World Cup.
    What "new signings"? You know something we don't.

Preston have managed a friendly with Burnley, some effort to provide fans with entertainments - don't forget though you need to be at all of these games., where the hell is Forest Green and will you need a ticket or is it an open park

Apparently it's just a lawn lol

Id play our best u23 lineup vs Oxford, good chance to see how close they are to being good for us

Something like bpf coyle Denton shaughnessy O'connor Clarke nicell Vieira Phillips dalby Edmondson subs Huffer hosannah pearce cresswell kitching odour Shackleton Stevens Kamwa wilks Roberts

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)