+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is what it looks like...

This is what it looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Good goal Boingy .

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I watched the first half of that game and I know he scored but he wasn't very impressive at all in my opinion.

He's young and and he has the attributes to go far. But he needs to work on his composure on the ball and general awareness. I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away.

His technical ability just isn't good enough right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I watched the first half of that game and I know he scored but he wasn't very impressive at all in my opinion.

He's young and and he has the attributes to go far. But he needs to work on his composure on the ball and general awareness. I lost count of how many times he gave the ball away.

This is the main reason the kids don't get picked. You have to be consistent and not run around like a headless chicken. There's a reason for most team selections but you can guarantee that there will always be some acidic negative comments about it from people who have no idea why someone is omitted.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

Another billy big shoes who has done feck all! Body language says it all! Let the jock be a brickies mate for a few weeks to learn a bit of graft. As for Chadli, I would send the tosser up the biggest hill, I could find for pre-season.

As for McClean - I would lock the w anker in a padded room with the National Anthem blaring out for 5 hours. As for Rondon - well back to basics - here's a ball - two posts and a bar - just get the ball in between the posts you loser!

As for Barry - I would make him run across hot coals and see the fecker run a bit and break sweat!

As for Livermore - I would get him pissed in Russia if he goes and put a chained bill board on him with - I hate the Russians! He will then know the meaning of being tired and useless dodging all the nutters............
    Last edited by baggieal; 03-06-2018 at 06:04 PM.

If true, this all sounds all too familiar aswell. I'm a big fan of this lad, like Leko he's got it but if he's not on it then it's Berahino all over again.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/940586666?-11200:789

The main reason the kids don't get picked is because our academy is useless.
    Who from it has made any impact in the Prem from it? Come to that in lower divisions? Berahino is the only one. What happened to him can't be blamed on the academy.
    Is there a team who has less home bred players in their team? The answer is, of course no. You can't have less than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    The main reason the kids don't get picked is because our academy is useless.
    Who from it has made any impact in the Prem from it? Come to that in lower divisions? Berahino is the only one. What happened to him can't be blamed on the academy.
    Is there a team who has less home bred players in their team? The answer is, of course no. You can't have less than zero.
    No world beaters but we've had a few players come through the academy who are/were carving out decent careers for themselves.

Off the top of my head…….

Saido Berahino (prior to his spectacular implosion)

Romaine Sawyers (doing very well with Brentford in the Championship via Walsall)

Sam Mantom (Southend United via Walsall and Sc unthorpe Utd)

Kemar Roofe (Leeds via Oxford)

Tyler Roberts (Leeds – although injured early on)

Izzy Brown (Brighton – currently injured)

……. and that’s before we get to Jerome Sinclair (Watford) and Yan Dhanda (Liverpool) who were poached from the academy by Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    No world beaters but we've had a few players come through the academy who are/were carving out decent careers for themselves.

Romaine Sawyers (doing very well with Brentford in the Championship via Walsall)

……. and that’s before we get to Jerome Sinclair (Watford) and Yan Dhanda (Liverpool) who were poached from the academy by Liverpool.
    Maybe its time to bring some back if they have served their apprenticeship.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Nowhere near good enough for a lesser top flight club. Just Brown & Berahino.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)