+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should we sell the name of the ground?

Who calls St James' the Sports Direct Arena? No one - even sky and bbc still call it St James' when they put it on screen.

A rebrand like that isn't too bad. However, doing what the Cardiff owners did is sacrilege! Changing the shirt colour! The blue birds who play in red! Ha

RECON VILLA FC playing at RECON Park in a shirt of red with a few yellow stars and VISIT CHINA on the front with "What are human rights? " on the back

If Xia sells BMH then the writing is on the wall im afraid.

TD I'm not so sure - the HS2 rail link is a factor and he's looking to cash in, personally I don't really care where the players train.

Sam - me thinks you're in the "NO" camp?

According to The Sun, a consortium is planning an approach to buy the club from the Chinese billionaire.

The group is led by Matt Southall, a former football agent, and former Blackburn director of football operations, Paul Senior, is also involved.

The report says the consortium has held talks about buying two other Championship clubs in the past six months.

Had a feeling this was coming but may be a blessing? New owners will have a fresh start and can pump money in over 3 years.the only thing is the price, i think like Randy, he may cut and run!!

I thought the whole purpose of FFP was that money can't be pumped in beyond a relative limit to the club's income and a club has to therefore live by its means?

You can pump as much money into the club as long as it is underwitten by the owners!
    Obviously this is why doug went. Randy went and now Xia.....

You dont seriously think chelsea and man citeh make half a billion a year do you?
    Xia cannot get money out of China and he aint going to bank roll the club with his money is he?

Just watch wolves splash the before a ball is kicked and they wont have had a penny off sky!

Splash the cash....

I am sure dr no is trying to sell anything and everything to pay his tax bill.

I have heard caneston park will be new name for your ground, as it is full of irritating *****.

Only joking.

I do believe olbion have already started started shipping players out.....just the start ar kid, just the start...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)