+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we sell the name of the ground?

Should we sell the name of the ground?

To raise some decent cash? Im hearing we may well sell BMH.

We need some finances just to keep us going, why is Xia not allowed to put cash in? Should we not employ Mendes from Wolves and do some dodgy dealings?

Or dare i say it, put the club up for sale?

Recon Park is what I'm guessing. Renaming and sponsoring Villa Park by Dr Xia's own company means we can buy who we like, we (eventually) we go up. And can then buy who we feel like and still live up to fifa fair play. Like the eitihad

It's a shame if it happens but like what Sam said its all about money now.

Why not rename it if the finance gained can combat FFP at this present time
    Regards the title who really cares what it is named as it will always be known as Villa Park to us fans
    Keep The Faith
    UTV

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post

We need some finances just to keep us going, why is Xia not allowed to put cash in? Should we not employ Mendes from Wolves and do some dodgy dealings?

What dodgy dealings would those be? And why would Mendes 'work' for Villa!

Pull the other one wolfie, we all know Mendes bankrolled the players wages so as not to break FFP rules, as if champions league players would drop to the 2nd tier on a Maximum 25k a week? I would love to see what bonuses were paid out!

Well dodgy But im not knocking it or Wolves for that matter. I would like our lot to do the same, after all man citeh have been doing the likes for years now!

I quite like the fact that wolves have got away with it and it also sticks one finger up to the establishment just like Liecester did.

I hope you guys take the prem by storm and we get to play you again in about 5 years time!

500/1 to win the prem. I'm having a tenner on that. Isn't Gabriel Jesus a Mendes man? On loan for the season??

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post

How about 'Recon Villa Park' or a real mouthfull, so much so that nobody would bother with the last 3 words, '
    Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon'?

When Newcastle were going through this I was counting my blessings it wasn't us as the name is sacrosanct to me, I'm in my late 40's and suspect that others in this generation and older may be the same? Whereas our traditions and history are a perhaps less important to younger fans?

Putting the passion/emotion/fandom aside - it is after all just a name, if it's merely a shot in the arm for the finances then I'm not in favour. If it generates regular income then it makes absolute sense to do it.

UTV

I see your point WCV, in my mid 50s myself and love tradition. I hate the two tier Holte End and the new Trinity for instance. Villa Park has lost much of its uniqueness i.e. the Aston Villa clock face between the Trinity and Witton End/North Stand and the AV floodlights.
    ‘Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon' to me aint so bad considering other options such as ‘The Recon Stadium’ etc.
    Back to the Holte, it was the biggest ‘Kop’ in Europe and was immense, rather like Spurs new ‘Home end’ will be. The Holte has been ruined for all time, so I can’t really see ‘Villa Park, Sponsored by Recon' for a couple of seasons doing any harm mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)