+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Careful When Posting On Other Message Boards

Be Careful When Posting On Other Message Boards

As far as i can gather reading threads elsewhere, if you get banned off say for example wba mad, it will be a ban from all the footy mad forums.

I think this is a poor idea by FM to be honest.
    If somebody goes too far on another board then they deserve a ban, but its not fair that this means a global ban and they cant post on their own board anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think this is a poor idea by FM to be honest.
    If somebody goes too far on another board then they deserve a ban, but its not fair that this means a global ban and they cant post on their own board anymore.
    It's wrong if you ask me, what's to stop you as moderator banning a poster on Blades Mad for mocking Barnsley? I'm just using the question as an example.

Yes I know what you mean and as I say I think its a bad idea by FM. I meant if anybody gets banned on another board by one of their own mods, they will have deserved it if they went too far.
    Everybody is behaving at the moment and no mods have dished out any bans yet. But I think the original idea of yellow and red cards (a day or a week ban at first) was a good idea.
    Last edited by Acido; 11-06-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    As far as i can gather reading threads elsewhere, if you get banned off say for example wba mad, it will be a ban from all the footy mad forums.
    So we won't see idiots like We'reDoomed again probably.

Be interesting to see how different moderators perceive comments.

I reckon my days are numbered

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes I know what you mean and as I say I think its a bad idea by FM. I meant if anybody gets banned on another board by one of their own mods, they will have deserved it if they went too far.
    Everybody is behaving at the moment and no mods have dished out any bans yet. But I think the original idea of yellow and red cards (a day or a week ban at first) was a good idea.
    You have to realise footy mad is a forum with sub forums, i use bigger forums than footy mad with only a handful moderating. It works well, but footy mad is different as they have admin and mods for virtually every sub forum. I agree when you say it's a poor idea to ban a poster from all footy mad, but some may deserve a whole network ban. It will make posters think before venturing on to other teams forums for starters, then there's how far they go on their own forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post

I reckon my days are numbered
    There's always ways round an ip address and a ban, some hide it well and blend in with the rest of the other posters, but others give themselves away with ease.

Exactly, it's how the different moderators class each comment made, some will always take the side of those who follow the same team as themselves.

There's always ways round an ip address and a ban, some hide it well and blend in with the rest of the other posters, but others give themselves away with ease.

A whole network ban was always rare on FM, but to be honest those posters just created another Id and carried on posting anyway.
    That kind of defeated the object to be honest.
    Ive noticed a number of fans across FM are now saying they wont last long etc, including you Newcy

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post

I reckon my days are numbered :

I'll probably be treading on thin ice meself mukka!

Seriously though Eve & Newcy, why do you both think that. Would it be a certain other black country teams board your thinking about ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)