+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leave or remain

Leave or remain

Not long to go now until March 2019, just wondering what the concencus is on here re stay or go.
    Doesn't really affect me so probably easy for me to say, but I would be a staunch leaver. I can't believe some of the stuff I read coming out of the EU against GB and generously paid for by Soros and his crones.
    If GB doesn't get out of the EUssr I can't imagine what the country will look like in a decade or so.

Well this should be an interesting thread

I voted remain but the country has voted leave so that's what we should do.

I am confused why it was thought the EU would fight fair though, they need Brexit to fail miserably so that other nations don't want to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Well this should be an interesting thread

I voted remain but the country has voted leave so that's what we should do.

I am confused why it was thought the EU would fight fair though, they need Brexit to fail miserably so that other nations don't want to leave.
    They are dicing with death as there are several watching closely who would like to follow us.

And I voted leave and nothing has happened or been said by either side to make me change my mind.

Exactly the same as Jammy-I voted 'remain' but as the country voted 'leave' that's what we should do. Can't stand some on the whinging that goes on from the 'remainers' who didn't like the result so they want us to vote again...and again and again, presumably, until they get the result they want.

It'll be rough economically but it'll all come out in the wash.

Voted leave and thats what we need to do no staying in bits of the EU, 100% out and a fresh start

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Voted leave and thats what we need to do no staying in bits of the EU, 100% out and a fresh start
    We did OK before we were joined and then were forced to do the dirty on our Ausie and NZ cousins by being forced to drop their markets and ruin their vast food exports to us and we replaced them with dearer meat from the EU.

It may have worked for us if we had gone in as a unit with any Commonwealth country who wished to be part.

We would have been a stronger unit and not have to cow-tow down to the whims of Germany and France.

I think within a couple or so years the pressure from the French working man wil tilt their balance and they or Italy and perhaps Spain may be next.

.. Voted leave and nothing has happened to make me change my mind .. Mind you, the way things are going with Italy, Spain & Greece, and how long it is taking us, there may not be an EU to leave by time we get around to it ..

I think the thing that bothers me the most is the likes of Blair, Clegg, Adonis et al lecturing leave voters saying that they didn't know what they were voting for, just who do these has been elitists think they are. They are all bought and paid for lap dogs of George Soros.
    They keep bleating on about having another referendum because the leavers were too uneducated to make the right decision.
    The below makes interesting reading from PM Cameron before the referendum.

Name:  FireShot Capture 16 - Brexit news_ Nick Ferrari blasts Lord _ - https___www.express.co.uk_news_u.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  20.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    I think the thing that bothers me the most is the likes of Blair, Clegg, Adonis et al lecturing leave voters saying that they didn't know what they were voting for, just who do these has been elitists think they are. They are all bought and paid for lap dogs of George Soros.
    They keep bleating on about having another referendum because the leavers were too uneducated to make the right decision.
    The below makes interesting reading from PM Cameron before the referendum.

Name:  FireShot Capture 16 - Brexit news_ Nick Ferrari blasts Lord _ - https___www.express.co.uk_news_u.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  20.9 KB
    Talk about them not knowing what we voted for. We didn't vote for the political union it is now. We didn't vote to be told what we should do with our borders or stupidly the size and shape of our sausages.

It was purely a trading union we voted to join and since then we are vastly out of pocket subsidising the growth of many poorer countries, mainly Republic of Ireland and Greece who are sitting back rubbing their hands when not holding them out for more subsidies.

The whole thing should be called the Greater Extended German Union, backed by France.

When the whole thing was mooted just after the war it began with the three Benelux countries, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemberg to eventually merge the iron, steel and coal industries together and then include us, France and Germany. THe theory being that if all of those industries from the former warring contries were inter dependant then it would make any future European War difficult.

It was never intended to be the vast politcal monster it became providing huge salaries and pensions and living expenses to the elite who were clever enough to get their knees under the table and control us lesser mortals from their lofty thrones telling us what we should and shouldn't do.

It is the least democratic organisation there has ever been in modern times.

Voted leave and meant leave entirely.Thatcher admitted afterwards that she signed the Maastricht Treaty without reading it thoroughly.Since then we have had the Lisbon Treaty giving the unelected EU Commissioners even greater powers.

A lot of people at the top make big money from the existence of the EU which means that they are getting rich on the backs of the taxpayer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)