+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcelo bielsa

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

Fully understand Bielsa wanting his 'tenure' to tailored if he was to become our new Coach as he has seen broken promises at his other clubs ........... surely this must be seen as positive as the club know what'll be required to getting us up and it would appear that this chosen 'Maverick' requires definate chosen styles of players and coaching staff around him.
    Could be interesting to see Leeds playing attacking football with the famed Bielsa philosophy............

The goalkeeper: I like my goalkeepers playing like a sweeper, so I need them to be a little fast and have the longthrow trait. I use the triangle/Y move often to let them run out of their goal.

The left and right back: Since your opponents will use high paced attackers 90% of the time I tend to pick my wingbacks on their pace (85+) & strenght (70+) stats.
    Instructions: Stay back while attacking.

The centre back: Since the formation always play a high line, and get caught on the counter easily pace is again of high importance to the CB (70+). Height is another aspect to take into consideration to avoid conceding a lot of crosses.
    Instructions: Stay back while attacking.

The holding midfielder or CDM: This position is key in this formation. What we need is immaculate passing, a little strenght and high defensive qualities. Interceptions and positioning should be taken into consideration.
    Instructions: Join the attack.

The left centre mid: This position is reserved for a creative player in my team. Preferrably a left-footed genius with a great passing and shooting range.
    Instructions: Get forward. Stay on edge. Free roam.

The right centre mid: This position is reserved for an industrial player in my team. Preferrably a right-footed box to box player with a great stamina and passing skills.
    Instructions: Stay back. Balanced runs. Stick to position.

The attacking centre mid: This player connects the midfield with the attack and should be one of the key players in the team. He doesn't need to be really pacy but needs pinpoint passing and lots of vision to pop up at the right time. Great ball control and dribbling are essential since there is little time for mistakes in between opposing lines.
    Instructions: Come back on defense. Get into box. Free roam.

The left and right wingers: These players should be able to keep the field wide and deep, because of their pace and dribbling. High acceleration is wanted in combination with good crossing and at least 4* skills. These players preferrably should come around the outside and deliver crosses. When you do the opposing winger should arrive into the box, just as the striker and CAM.
    Instructions: Come back. Stay wide. Balanced support. Get into the box.

The striker: This final position is taken by a player with reasonable strenght, height, great passing, positioning and finishing attributes with at least a 4* weakfoot. Pace is nice but no necessity. I'd like my striker to be the final chain in my attack, or be the one shielding the ball when trying to break away. Strenght and passing come into play when this situation occurs.

Blimey .......... 'if' he accepts the Radz obviously got a kitty to open for the Spanish speaking Bielsa ' cos at Lille the owner there flogged the team's crown jewellery and left him in it !

MOT
    Sounds like this is straight from Football Manager ........

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Sounds like this is straight from Football Manager ........
    ....... talking of which I've won 3 warm up games on PlayStation FIFA 2018 playing the Bielsa way - 'Diamonds are Defo a girls best friend' (on and off the pitch).

MOT

This is definitely heading into 'not likely to happen' territory now. I'm getting the impression Bielsa is making demands more akin to Pep Guardiola than what he actually is i.e. an out of work manager who's recent record is patchy to say the least. Either that or he's told Radz et al that to have any chance of promotion they need to back him with 5 or 6 top players, and without that commitment he's not taking the job. And I don't think he'll get what he's asking for on either of those points, which means it's not going to happen.

Taking a long while, been negotiating for at least 2 weeks, he either wants to come or not, getting new players need to be a priority pretty soon, I'm not one of these on here who keep saying theres plenty of time....yes if you want second rate yet again, get them now before others, nothing seems to be moving on any front, manager,players, selling the dross!

I reckon, for what its worth, that he realises the poor state the club is in (player wise) and has made some demands/recommendations to improve this. Which may mean bypassing Orta and spending some money on proper players. Whether or not the Radz is up to the challenge will remain to be seen.

Agree entirely, any sane person would want to choose their own players, and be told how much he can spend, mind you bielsa, if he rumours are true, doesn't sound entirely sane😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Agree entirely, any sane person would want to choose their own players, and be told how much he can spend, mind you bielsa, if he rumours are true, doesn't sound entirely sane����������
    You mean the bloke who chased people away from his house with a live hand grenade?

Think he's bang normal tbh

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    You mean the bloke who chased people away from his house with a live hand grenade?

Think he's bang normal tbh

Is he from here?

'The left centre mid: This position is reserved for a creative player in my team. Preferrably a left-footed genius with a great passing and shooting range.
    Instructions: Get forward. Stay on edge. Free roam.'

Why would anyone think Bielsa needs new players?

looks like it's imminent folks

Phil Hay

@PhilHayYEP
    23m23 minutes ago
    More
    A source close to Marcelo Bielsa tells me he intends to sign his contract tonight and will become Leeds United's next head coach. #lufc

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)