+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marcelo bielsa

Marcelo bielsa

Linked with the leeds job

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Seems like there is some weight behind this one with PH confirming rumours. Could be confirmed early next week after the Heck gets back from his Jollys.

Who opts to keep heck or bin him?

Bin for me

dead man walking....

I'm all in favour of stability but PH is crap when all said and done.

If we could get Bielsa (which I doubt) that would be a major coup for us. No fecking about with premadonna players, just hard craft and mental tactics.

4/9 with Paddy Power

1/3 now - looks like it may be happening.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...manent-manager

Would be quite a risk though if true. I know some foreign managers have done well in the Championship, but that's usually when they've been backed to the hilt in terms of player signings (David Wagner excepted perhaps). I dread to think what WTF will say if we end up with an Argie manager...............

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Would be quite a risk though if true. I know some foreign managers have done well in the Championship, but that's usually when they've been backed to the hilt in terms of player signings (David Wagner excepted perhaps). I dread to think what WTF will say if we end up with an Argie manager...............
    Don't give a f00k where they come from, just what they can do, but for the record, Bielsa would be as big a mistake for Radrizzani to make as Hockaday was for Cellino (and will last about as far into the next season).

We need someone who KNOWS the Championship, no matter how narrow that makes the search window. I was hopeful Heckingbottom was that man, but it wasn't his team, the morale/attitude in the squad was on the floor by the time he was appointed.

Now we need a manager who is able (and left to) manage, and sufficient funds to help make up a squad that they (whoever they may be) can call their own and mould accordingly (note to Orta, you are the servant of the manager, not the master).

Your concept of an English only manager will be tested this year.

Derby has appointed Lampard along with a top assistant and may get some chelski youth players. should be about a strong of an argument you can have for a proper championship manager that someone like us could get.

we appear to be going with a hard nosed Argentinian that has reputation for good tactics and doesn't suffer fools well. Not really much different that some of the more successful managers in the champtionhip.

It is rather pollyanna to think we are going to get a top flight manager with our current squad and ownership. Not slamming them but you do have to be somewhat realistic. How many coaches have we gone through? Hell, we've gone through more owners in 5 years than some clubs have gone through in their existence.

I think hecky is more the kind of manager we would be able to get. we did recently have a manager that just got a club promoted to the prem this year without a whole lot more support than we can give squad wise.

Lets hope he's more like Wagner than some of our other recent coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    Post his credentials so I don't have to look it up.😮

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)