+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welcome Russell Slade

Welcome Russell Slade

A fantastic appointment....

...if you want to hasten your own departure from the club.

If true (and his son's tweet is to be believed) next season is going to resemble a season of Game of Thrones - on and off the pitch

In a perverse kind of way, I'm almost looking forward to it - swift and imminent destruction followed by wholesale change in the boardroom - that's entertainment.

Then again, they could be doing a Knighton and lowering our expectations before their real choice is unveiled - but that's probably crediting the owners with too much intelligence.

Why on Earth would you get rid of Curle and replace him with Slade, a man who has failed so hard and been sacked so pitifully more times than you can count? This will probably rank as one of the most inept and idiotic decisions in the history of the club...

But then again, we're dealing with the chairman who appointed Aidan McCaffery as manager....
    Last edited by Piglet_Phoenix; 01-06-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Phew, that was a close one.

Of the names in the frame currently...

I'd quite like to see Delap given the job, although I suspect he's too nice a bloke to manage a team of footballers - if he brought in an experienced assistant / bad cop to work with I'd be all for it. He's done a decent job in the U21 scene and will potentially have good knowledge of available players...

I really don't want Sheridan, he's a potty mouthed alcoholic - either sacked in disgrace or jumping ship from each of his former clubs.

Redfern's an interesting one. He is well respected for the job he did bringing youth through the Leeds set-up - but it's an entirely different ball game at Brunton Park. It's hard to judge him as a manager at tier two level due to the circus at Elland Road and I have a bit of sympathy with what happened to him with Rotherham - but there are still huge question marks after his failure there. I wouldn't be too disappointed with him coming in. Celino described him as "weak" and "a baby", which seems at odds to his personality on the pitch as a player.

I'd be happy with Redfearn too as he's known for playing some good football (which might be bad news for Danny Grainger) and bringing on the youth (which might be bad news for Danny Grainger). Delap could make a useful number 2 with an eye to the future.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)