+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Tisdale leaves Exeter

Paul Tisdale leaves Exeter

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Looks like he left of his own choice, most prob with the MK Donald's Frenchfries job in mind.

Didn't they give him notice 2 years ago so it's kind of bit Exeter on the bum a but really

Good manager playing good attractive football. He won't be out of work long. Exeter's loss.

Agreed, seems like a very good Manager to me. Exeter are certainly easy on the eye and came so close for the past two seasons and in my opinion won't next year now.

If you have good staff and want to keep them make them feel loved and secure. Exeter did the opposite even after 2 trips to Wembley and massively over-achieving for a small club. Big loss for them. Another contender knocked back I think.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Looks like he left of his own choice, most prob with the MK Donald's Frenchfries job in mind.
    I think he'll go to Coventry when Robins takes the Leeds job.

With Arsene Wenger leaving Arsenal and now Paul Tisdale leaving Exeter it's slashed the longest serving manager reign in English Football to 7 years and 19 days which has been achieved by Jim Bentley of Morecombe.

Our own Kevin Nolan is the 38th longest serving manager in English Football with 1 year 140 days under his belt so 54 clubs have changed their manager since KN and AH took over Notts.

Quite astonishing really that these days any manger is lucky to be at a club for more than a couple of years because if they are that bad they won't last long enough and if they are good they usually leave to go onto better things after a few years at one club due to the high turnaround.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 01-06-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Perfect illustration of why football clubs should resist spur of the moment decision-making. They told Tisdale they wouldn't renew his contract at a moment when they were 23rd in League Two, despite everything he had achieved for them previously. Talk about "What have you done for us lately?"!!

Of course, 18 months later they're in the play-off final (again) and suddenly a new contract offer was forthcoming, but if I was Tisdale I would have told them where to stick it as well. I'm sure his parting comments were more diplomatic than that, but the message is clear!

If - as seems likely - Tisdale ends up at MK Cons, they will be a force to be reckoned with in this division. Wealthy owner, biggest stadium in the division and potentially the biggest support...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast