+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Odds 18-19

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I didn't really understand any of that . . . what is BTTS?
    Both teams to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Both teams to score.
    Thanks Elite, obvious I suppose!

Not a gambler in the past but last week I just thought I'd give it a go after the new signings had one game under their belt.
    Signed up with Skybet prior to the FGR game.
    £3 on Notts win @5/1
    £1 Notts win and BTTS @16/1
    £1 Notts win 3-1 @ 12/1

Cashed out on the £3 Notts win bet when we went 2-1 up so returned £11.83
    Left the others running as cash outs were under a fiver.
    Notts claimed the win so another £17 won on the 16/1 bet
    £5 spent, £28.83 back, profit £23.83

I'll continue with these small bets now and see how it goes. If Notts start winning regularly though the odds will come down quickly.
    This cash out thing is pretty good for the punters I thought having never come across it before. Im happy to win little amounts so if a game is tight then cashing out can give you a small return.

Cheers Elite for the info over various threads across the forum. This week I may go for another Notts win and BTTS.

Here we are again, Notts now 8/11 (1.73) to stay up, but same as before the odds will drift if they fail to win Vs Newport, the Notts win being currently priced at 31/20 (2.55)

Interestingly Notts to finish in the top half of the table is back at 200/1, the price is very high and the chances slim as even if Notts continue this form and absolutely monster the rest of the season it's still a big ask due the number of games left, comparatively though Port Vale are 20/1, the same Port Vale who have got 1 point from their last 3 games, yet the odds say they're 10 times more likely to finish top half than Notts...

I've studied the remaining fixtures and their places in the table, it's a huge ask, but lots of the mid table sides Notts would need to pull points back on are in the mix.
    Last edited by matt5cott; 17-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post
    Here we are again, Notts now 8/11 (1.73) to stay up, but same as before the odds will drift if they fail to win Vs Newport, the Notts win being currently priced at 31/20 (2.55)

Interestingly Notts to finish in the top half of the table is back at 200/1, the price is very high and the chances slim as even if Notts continue this form and absolutely monster the rest of the season it's still a big ask due the number of games left, comparatively though Port Vale are 20/1, the same Port Vale who have got 1 point from their last 3 games, yet the odds say they're 10 times more likely to finish top half than Notts...

I've studied the remaining fixtures and their places in the table, it's a huge ask, but lots of the mid table sides Notts would need to pull points back on are in the mix.
    Had a fiver on top half. It’s a funny old game!

Quote Originally Posted by matt5cott View Post

Historically 65 points gives you a good chance of finishing top half, which means we can only drop 5 points in 14 games.

Unlikely but could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Historically 65 points gives you a good chance of finishing top half, which means we can only drop 5 points in 14 games.

Unlikely but could happen.
    Yep even if say Notts won 5 in a row from now, they'd start to look shoe-ins for safety, and with no real chance of a playoff place I can't see them getting their motivation to finish top half to please a bunch of degenerate gamblers on Notts-mad (I naturally include myself in this statement) clutching at their 200/1 shots

If Notts DO beat Newport I don't think the odds will drop to 100/1 as I'd usually expect, I think they could drop to 50/1 or lower.
    Last edited by matt5cott; 18-02-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910