+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Luke Hyam

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    What happened to that guy we had in loan from Norwich when we were in the championship (while Evans was manager)? He scored a penalty for us in a home game. He was brilliant. No doubt he will be playing in a top division somewhere!
    You couldn’t make it up, he was brilliant. He scored a penalty for us. Jesus wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    He might be tempted by a few more quid, depends if he's playing regularly though!

Played 24 games for them last season. They were in the Champions League this past season and will be in the Europa League next year so there is very little chance he would leave that to come and play for us

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    You couldn’t make it up, he was brilliant. He scored a penalty for us. Jesus wept.
    What's your point? What couldn't you make Up? He wasn't brilliant for us because he didn't score more?

Did you not watch him play?

Come on, give a bit more to your argument if your going to start one!

He's probably missed the full stop between home game and brilliant Sharky........lol.

He was a decent player, remember when he left Norwich he went to play for Legia Warsaw and then moved on to Greece.
    Of the two Norwich players that came in that season he was the better of the two.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 01-06-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    He's probably missed the full stop between home game and brilliant Sharky........lol.

He was a decent player, remember when he left Norwich he went to play for Legia Warsaw and then moved on to Greece.
    Of the two Norwich players that came in that season he was the better of the two.
    I thought quality wise he was one of the best I've seen in a Miller's shirt, he stood out head and shoulders, even against decent sides he looked one of best players on the field. I'm surprised no decent championship clubs came in for him

I seem to remember Odjidja Ofoe only played in one home game but stood out as the best player on the pitch by miles that day. Luke Hyam on the other was completely forgettable in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I seem to remember Odjidja Ofoe only played in one home game but stood out as the best player on the pitch by miles that day. Luke Hyam on the other was completely forgettable in my opinion.
    If I remember right he was class for more than one game I loved him he was real quality. I'd fly over there and bring him over myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    If I remember right he was class for more than one game I loved him he was real quality. I'd fly over there and bring him over myself.
    So would I unfortunately Olympiacos paid around €2.8M and he's contracted to 2020.
    Played 4 times for us and 1 goal.

Prefer not to have Hyam either.

I know we would never in a million years get him pal. Hyam was nothing special but I'd reserve judgment on any player who may come in till a full pre season is done. Fitness and confidence is massive in football and Warney is good at both. I have faith in Warney and I won't slag off any signing now, I questioned Smith and he was a master stroke. It's the championship and if we go down fighting with pride then I'm happy, if we stay up then I'm bouncing off the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    Hyam was nothing special but I'd reserve judgment on any player who may come in till a full pre season is done. Fitness and confidence is massive in football and Warney is good at both. I have faith in Warney and I won't slag off any signing now, I questioned Smith and he was a master stroke. It's the championship and if we go down fighting with pride then I'm happy, if we stay up then I'm bouncing off the ceiling.
    I don't think anyone is slagging Luke Hyam off. I don't abuse any players, they are what they are.
    Your first line says it all for me " Hyam was nothing special " which is why I would prefer to spend the wage elsewhere, i.e. a striker, goalkeeper, two right backs, no immediate rush for a midfielder as yet.
    Luke is only 26yrs old and been with Ipswich since the age of 11.
    That 18months out of football is problably why they didn't take the option up of a further 12months. Credit to him for getting back playing.
    Good luck to him wherever he ends up, if it's with us he will get my support.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast