+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre season friendlies

Pre season friendlies

First-team friendlies

Saturday 7 July: Rolls Royce Leisure Select XI (A) – 3pm

Tuesday 10 July: Basford United (A) – 7.30pm

Saturday 14 July: Derby County (H) – 3pm

Saturday 21 July: Leicester City (H) – 3pm

Saturday 28 July: Luton Town (A) – 3pm

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...19-friendlies/

They are though games, will be good to see how our new squad gets on.
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 01-06-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Disappointing we don't have a first team game against Alfreton again, I really enjoyed the trips there pre season

I rarely bother with friendlies unless they are with our Red Brothers so i was hoping for a visit to the temple of sin, but something seems to have gone amiss with our "special relationship".

I think I might give Luton away a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Are you serious navy!!
    I was thinking of taking minibus and asking if our stalwart resident “elite” fancied a trip to the capital of luton.
    I was so enthusiastic with my last trip there and couldn’t hide my excitement of luton again
    I’m sure elite would recomend a few watering holes for us to indulge in a pre-match drink or two
    ������

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It's a bit of a journey for a friendly, but I suspect the fixture owes to the growing positive relationship between the clubs, including the managers and fans, which was evident on the last day of the season (despite Hylton's sending off! ). Personally I welcome that. If football clubs can have certain clubs they regard as arch-rivals, why not have some clubs we get on with as well!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Are you serious navy!!
    I was thinking of taking minibus and asking if our stalwart resident “elite” fancied a trip to the capital of luton.
    I was so enthusiastic with my last trip there and couldn’t hide my excitement of luton again
    I’m sure elite would recomend a few watering holes for us to indulge in a pre-match drink or two
    ������

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Are you serious navy!!
    ������
    It's been quite a while since I've visited Luton, in fact the last game there that I remember was a midweek game that actually kicked off in the early afternoon because of power cuts due to strikes way back in the 1970s! Upthemaggies is usually the expert on these historical things, maybe he could confirm whether my memory is playing tricks or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It's been quite a while since I've visited Luton, in fact the last game there that I remember was a midweek game that actually kicked off in the early afternoon because of power cuts due to strikes way back in the 1970s! Upthemaggies is usually the expert on these historical things, maybe he could confirm whether my memory is playing tricks or not.
    You're not wrong mate

Tues 5th Feb 1974
    2.30pm kick off
    Luton 1 Notts 1
    Attendance: 4,908

"Re-arranged from 24th October. Despite this being a mid-week fixture, the match kicked off in the afternoon due to the energy crisis (during which floodlights were banned for sporting events) hence the low crowd. It was a must win against 3rd place Luton if Notts were seriously going to revive a promotion challenge, but at the finish County were relieved to come away with a point. Luton had two penalty appeals turned down in the closing minutes and Jim Ryan was booked for protesting, the home side also saw two efforts cleared off the line by Bill Brindley. Luton had gone ahead on 65 through a deflected Peter Anderson long range strike but Notts equalised with a 20 yard Eric Probert shot that curled around a crowd of players. Eddie Cliff limped off before half-time with a damaged ankle".

Taken from his awesome website:
    http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1973-74.html

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterMagpie View Post
    You're not wrong mate

Tues 5th Feb 1974
    2.30pm kick off
    Luton 1 Notts 1
    Attendance: 4,908

"Re-arranged from 24th October. Despite this being a mid-week fixture, the match kicked off in the afternoon due to the energy crisis (during which floodlights were banned for sporting events) hence the low crowd. It was a must win against 3rd place Luton if Notts were seriously going to revive a promotion challenge, but at the finish County were relieved to come away with a point. Luton had two penalty appeals turned down in the closing minutes and Jim Ryan was booked for protesting, the home side also saw two efforts cleared off the line by Bill Brindley. Luton had gone ahead on 65 through a deflected Peter Anderson long range strike but Notts equalised with a 20 yard Eric Probert shot that curled around a crowd of players. Eddie Cliff limped off before half-time with a damaged ankle".

Taken from his awesome website:
    http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1973-74.html
    Massive thanks for digging that one out MM, good to know that senility isn't setting in just yet!