+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merino

Merino

Staying to try and improve and fight for a place.

Talk of Darlow extending his contract

Kenedy has told Brazilian press that he enjoyed his time at Newcastle and would like to be back next season.
    If I stay at Chelsea I will probably be on the bench he said.

Someone's been reading the Chron today?

I'm happy with all of the above, except maybe for Darlow. I don't think he really has a future here with Dubravka our no 1, Elliot a decent (and cheap) backup and with Woodman coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Someone's been reading the Chron today?

I'm happy with all of the above, except maybe for Darlow. I don't think he really has a future here with Dubravka our no 1, Elliot a decent (and cheap) backup and with Woodman coming through.
    Not the Chronicle,an NUFC blog.

I think Merino has what it takes to make it to the very top .He can thread the ball through the eye of a needle, went off the boil half way through the season last year mind.

But if he gets back to what we seen earlier on in thr season he has a big big future in the game.

IMO

He went off the boil after that back injury, could have just taken him longer than we and he though to recover, particularly if it was his first major injury?

It's easy to see has good skills, especially passing, but his inconsistency lets him down. I think he needs a good run of games to boost his confidence but he has big competion in Shelvey and Diame. Hope he comes good, he's still fairly young is he not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    It's easy to see has good skills, especially passing, but his inconsistency lets him down. I think he needs a good run of games to boost his confidence but he has big competion in Shelvey and Diame. Hope he comes good, he's still fairly young is he not ?
    Just 21

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)