+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    If you want a discussion on the subject fine, but please bear in mind Crown Court went off screen in 1984 due to lack of interest.

IMO Robinson's situation stems from a deep-seated prejudice fuelled by frustration at an apparent institutionalised lack of response/acceptance by those in power, which he has then vented in what I think is a totally unacceptable way. However, the visible rise of his support, be they the few thugs seen in the media or the tens of thousands of ordinary folk who turned out in support, suggests that there is a semi-silent undercurrent of that same frustration-fuelled prejudice around the country. I'm not siding, just observing
    ...and I largely agree with your observations AF but the problem is, imo, in the same way as the far right have hijacked the GB and England flags so they have leapt in to try and impose themselves as the ‘voice of the people’...or at least the poor and dispossessed people.
    They are not actually in any way representative of the poor and dispossessed but they do grow in such areas of the Midlands, the NW and NE because of the failure of more well intentioned and articulate politicians to be able to grasp the nettle and accept that conditions have been created in certain parts of the country where racism, bigotry and divisiveness have become an accepted response.
    Levels of immigration are a factor, no point in denying that, but that doesn’t make immigrants to blame. A racist response is wholly unhelpful and unjustified and while a frank exchange of views with DCFCA might be helpful, Rom’s fantasy game playing is nothing more than s*it stirring.
    Serious issue here and, to an extent, FM is being used to publicise the views of Robinson supporters and the far right. There are then two choices...ignore or argue against...and I, most definitely am siding.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    ...and I largely agree with your observations AF but the problem is, imo, in the same way as the far right have hijacked the GB and England flags so they have leapt in to try and impose themselves as the ‘voice of the people’...or at least the poor and dispossessed people.
    They are not actually in any way representative of the poor and dispossessed but they do grow in such areas of the Midlands, the NW and NE because of the failure of more well intentioned and articulate politicians to be able to grasp the nettle and accept that conditions have been created in certain parts of the country where racism, bigotry and divisiveness have become an accepted response.
    Levels of immigration are a factor, no point in denying that, but that doesn’t make immigrants to blame. A racist response is wholly unhelpful and unjustified and while a frank exchange of views with DCFCA might be helpful, Rom’s fantasy game playing is nothing more than s*it stirring.
    Serious issue here and, to an extent, FM is being used to publicise the views of Robinson supporters and the far right. There are then two choices...ignore or argue against...and I, most definitely am siding.
    You can be sure FM won't be 'publicising' anything, not Ram Inn anyway. Our footy-only contingent get racked off enough with O/T topics without them becoming recruiting tools so I'll moderate accordingly

I'm not sure we are on the same wavelength here about whether the catchall 'far right' name applies, but it is racism, and very narrowly focussed racism at that, and not against Europeans. I've said before, I think that the irony of the Brexit vote was (only from what I've observed on social media) that the killer percentage voted leave for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You can be sure FM won't be 'publicising' anything, not Ram Inn anyway. Our footy-only contingent get racked off enough with O/T topics without them becoming recruiting tools so I'll moderate accordingly

I'm not sure we are on the same wavelength here about whether the catchall 'far right' name applies, but it is racism, and very narrowly focussed racism at that, and not against Europeans. I've said before, I think that the irony of the Brexit vote was (only from what I've observed on social media) that the killer percentage voted leave for the same reason.
    Despite your misgivings Andy, I think we’re very much on a similar wavelength.
    If people are ‘racked off’ with O/T topics they must be deeply disappointed at the moment as - at the time of writing - I think the top dozen threads are all O/T whether they be about cricket, F1, Forest or politics.
    My take is, if you’re not interested in a thread - as is certainly the case with me and F1 - then ignore it...simple.
    More seriously though...when a poster starts ‘chanting’ the name of an overt racist and glorifying attacks on the police then that is too close to ‘publicising’ extreme right wing views for comfort imo.
    I’m not reporting, complaining or asking for a ban...that’s just censorship of the kind that is being referred to elsewhere and is entirely up to you anyway, but if we’re going to have the debate let’s have it without Rom’s sideline silliness and DCFCA’s meaningless and repetitive ‘chanting’.

To be honest, I haven't a clue what or who the duck Robinson is and can't be arsed to Google or YouTube it.
    Just doing my bit for entertainment.

On a serious level, of course if we have a few maybe even 2 or 3 persons from the BNP or whatever right wing Looney party here espousing their ridiculous bigotry and intolerance, then that's a serious matter for which I'm sure Andy will rightly take the necessary action.

However if it's just DCFCA, then I think we can let the matter slide. It's just a person expressing his support for someone or something. Which he should always be entitled to.
    Dont like it? Either ignore or respond in such a manner and then leave it.

I'm sure Andy knows what to do, what to allow, what to ignore and definitely not in the way that Ratflea would have done had he still be in charge.

While it's way too early to judge Andy as a Mod, I think the rather laid back and relaxed attitude in allowing everyone to say their piece is very much welcomed .
    A bit like Bloomers style only difference is that unlike Bloomer, he's actually here on a daily basis and knows what's going on in each thread.

And long may it continue

And with that master class in sucking up, I think I've definitely earned an extension of 'my Sarah Sanders and Counsel for the Defense role.'
    And it's a role I currently enjoy doing. I most likely will pack it in 1 day, but for the moment, let me enjoy the summertime breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    To be honest, I haven't a clue what or who the duck Robinson is and can't be arsed to Google or YouTube it.
    Just doing my bit for entertainment.

On a serious level, of course if we have a few maybe even 2 or 3 persons from the BNP or whatever right wing Looney party here espousing their ridiculous bigotry and intolerance, then that's a serious matter for which I'm sure Andy will rightly take the necessary action.

However if it's just DCFCA, then I think we can let the matter slide. It's just a person expressing his support for someone or something. Which he should always be entitled to.
    Dont like it? Either ignore or respond in such a manner and then leave it.

I'm sure Andy knows what to do, what to allow, what to ignore and definitely not in the way that Ratflea would have done had he still be in charge.

While it's way too early to judge Andy as a Mod, I think the rather laid back and relaxed attitude in allowing everyone to say their piece is very much welcomed .
    A bit like Bloomers style only difference is that unlike Bloomer, he's actually here on a daily basis and knows what's going on in each thread.

And long may it continue
    Now what was that Radiohead song? Ah...yes...’Creep’...great song.

You’ve taken sycophancy to a whole new level there Rom.

Now what was that Radiohead song? Ah...yes...’Creep’...great song.

You’ve taken sycophancy to a whole new level there Rom.
    It's role playing. I come here (footymad forums) for enentertainment and amusement. Forums as a whole are a dying thing.

I think the top dozen threads are all O/T whether they be about cricket, F1, Forest or politics.
    My take is, if you’re not interested in a thread - as is certainly the case with me and F1 - then ignore it...simple.
    More seriously though...when a poster starts ‘chanting’ the name of an overt racist and glorifying attacks on the police then that is too close to ‘publicising’ extreme right wing views for comfort imo.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    It's role playing. I come here (footymad forums) for enentertainment and amusement. Forums as a whole are a dying thing.
    In the words of Jim Royle...role playing my ****! It’s an excuse to say whatever you like with what you think is impunity.
    Start whatever threads you like for your own amusement, but please don’t amuse yourself by belittling an important issue which, by your own admission, you’vd chosen to know nothing about.

In the words of Jim Royle...role playing my ****! It’s an excuse to say whatever you like with what you think is impunity.
    Start whatever threads you like for your own amusement, but please don’t amuse yourself by belittling an important issue which, by your own admission, you’vd chosen to know nothing about.
    Seriously? You actually take what DCFCA writes seriously?
    Go have a word with yourself!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)