+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tommy Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Pat Phelan, possibly the nastiest piece of work on any UK soap ever, got a knife through the heart last night, and although you never can tell in these comedies, he was carried out in a body bag so appeared to be deceased. I see quite a lot of the soaps because I do my music magazine editorship using a laptop usually located in our main TV watching room, and Mrs F is a fan

The point I was trying, and it appears failing, to make is that being unaware of the big face off in Coro was your choice, being unaware of Robinson's arrest and sentencing was decreed by someone or something who was determined you WOULDN'T find out. I spent a bit of time rooting round the detail of this after my pal alerted me to it, and something smells about this other than (just) Robinson.
    On the subject of TV reflections of real life, Andy...have you watched ‘A Very English Scandal’ about the Jeremy Thorpe affair?
    I have, and thoroughly enjoyed it...looking forward to the final part tonight.
    Since it started though the whole issue has taken on a more sinister twist, in so much as one of the major ‘players’, who both the CPS and the police declared to be long since dead, appears very much alive.
    The whole programme has had an almost comedic element to it, but suddenly we see yet more evidence of how the establishment protects itself. Thorpe was a major political figure about forty to fifty years ago who, it very much seems, got away with arranging attempted murder. Cyril Smith was another politician of the same era, as was Ted Heath. The allegations about them have never been satisfactorily investigated and there remain the matter of Thatcher’s ‘friendship’ with Jimmy Saville not to mention questions about the behaviour of many top Tories in Thatcher’s government at the time of the Brighton bombing.
    I don’t raise this in an anti-Tory way, the personnel involved is purely coincidental and the same applies to Greville Janner, but I suspect tonight’s Tom Mangold investigation (BBC4 10.00) will raise many questions about the lengths the establishment will go to in order to protect itself.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 03-06-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    On the subject of TV reflections of real life, Andy...have you watched ‘A Very English Scandal’ about the Jeremy Thorpe affair?
    I have, and thoroughly enjoyed it...looking forward to the final part tonight.
    Since it started though the whole issue has taken on a more sinister twist, in so much as one of the major ‘players’, who both the CPS and the police declared to be long since dead, appears very much alive.
    The whole programme has had an almost comedic element to it, but suddenly we see yet more evidence of how the establishment protects itself. Thorpe was a major political figure about forty to fifty years ago who, it very much seems, got away with arranging attempted murder. Cyril Smith was another politician of the same era, as was Ted Heath. The allegations about them have never been satisfactorily investigated and there remain the matter of Thatcher’s ‘friendship’ with Jimmy Saville not to mention questions about the behaviour of many top Tories in Thatcher’s government at the time of the Brighton bombing.
    I don’t raise this in an anti-Tory way, the personnel involved is purely coincidental and the same applies to Greville Janner, but I suspect tonight’s Tom Mangold investigation (BBC4 10.00) will raise many questions about the lengths the establishment will go to in order to protect itself.
    Spot-on, 'The establishment'. Nothing party-political about it, its pure and simple a sort-of-masonic pact to keep the higher echelons' gravy train rolling along no matter what it does to the masses. BUT I do think the suppression of TR's arrest and sentencing is as much a part of it as the protection of Savill, for instance, was

How as a legend like Tommy been likened to a fu cking soap character?

Robinson is a hero, a man of principles, and he's been kidnapped for being such things

Phelan is a character of Coronation Street ffs

So do we add racist thug hero worshipper to your other exquisite qualities now DCFCA? What a man....

Tommy Robinson isn't a racist, he's very much a man in support of all religions and creeds bar Islam

He's a legend,, watch the 9th June march in his honor, the government want to gate crash it and if anything happens it'll be their thug cops that start it

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So do we add racist thug hero worshipper to your other exquisite qualities now DCFCA? What a man....
    Such comments are thoroughly unfair and inappropriate.
    Denying someone their Democratic right to show support for their preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Pat Phelan, possibly the nastiest piece of work on any UK soap ever, got a knife through the heart last night, and although you never can tell in these comedies, he was carried out in a body bag so appeared to be deceased. I see quite a lot of the soaps because I do my music magazine editorship using a laptop usually located in our main TV watching room, and Mrs F is a fan

The point I was trying, and it appears failing, to make is that being unaware of the big face off in Coro was your choice, being unaware of Robinson's arrest and sentencing was decreed by someone or something who was determined you WOULDN'T find out. I spent a bit of time rooting round the detail of this after my pal alerted me to it, and something smells about this other than (just) Robinson.
    How about the 'arrest' of my client?
    Surely the time has come for his immediate release.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    How about the 'arrest' of my client?
    Surely the time has come for his immediate release.
    Good try, come the appointed day he'll be welcomed back by me at least, 'til he reverts to old ways

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    How as a legend like Tommy been likened to a fu cking soap character?

Robinson is a hero, a man of principles, and he's been kidnapped for being such things

Phelan is a character of Coronation Street ffs
    If we were to liken Tommy to a soap Character it would be spider Nugent. He liked his protests!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    If we were to liken Tommy to a soap Character it would be spider Nugent. He liked his protests!
    Spider's massive anti-Muslim rant must have been in an episode I missed. He'd got a protest sort of face had spider.

I think tommy Robinson's worldview would be more closely shared with Spider's uncle Ted
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 04-06-2018 at 07:27 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)