+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - Greatest Ever

O/T - Greatest Ever

Ok - let's dodge DUFC for now (thank god).

Who is the greatest ever?

Pele
    Maradona
    Cruyff
    Beckenbaur
    Sir Bobby Charlton
    Zinedine Zidane

Your go - who is best? The above is purely ideas. You can name whoever you want,but reasons in writing are required.

Let it commence,

Maradona
    Zidane

Lionel Messi is the best footballer to ever walk the planet IMHO.
    And just happens to be a current player.
    Other than that Billy Kirkwood

Doesn't matter he's not won world cup, Messi is the greatest ever .

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    Doesn't matter he's not won world cup, Messi is the greatest ever .
    Maradona did it in an era where he got kicked merry hell out of him (Goichechea (sp.) even framed the boots that he wore when he broke Diego's leg WTF?!) , yet despite that he carried Napoli to a Serie A in one of the most brutal eras of Italian football and single handedly took an average Argentinian team to one World Cup and almost took an even worse one to a second four years later. Messi is an outstanding football player - but I don't think he'd have lasted two minutes back then. In the modern era, Maradona now would be untouchable.

Second on my list is Zidane. Because..................he's simply Zidane.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 02-06-2018 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Maradona did it in an era where he got kicked merry hell out of him (Goichechea (sp.) even framed the boots that he wore when he broke Diego's leg WTF?!) , yet despite that he carried Napoli to a Serie A in one of the most brutal eras of Italian football and single handedly took an average Argentinian team to one World Cup and almost took an even worse one to a second four years later. Messi is an outstanding football player - but I don't think he'd have lasted two minutes back then. In the modern era, Maradona now would be untouchable.

Second on my list is Zidane. Because..................he's simply Zidane.
    We'll never know if how Messi would have done then obviously but football now is so different , players are fitter, sharper and more athletic and all coaches try to set up there team to stop Messi, most fail. He also still gets some brutal treatment from guys like Ramos , granted not as bad as maradonna got. Both fantastic players but Messi edges it for me.

Maradona
    Pele
    Hard to choose between the two but Maradona edges it for me.

Like to also throw in Brazilian Ronaldo, what a player he was, on his game unstoppable.

Ever seen - Maradona. A wee genius

Seen in the flesh - Modric . A wee genius ( won't include Messi in this as it was a friendly v us)

At his peak (pre bad knee injuries) the best player I've ever seen is the Brazilian Ronaldo, followed by Messi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)