+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Greatest Ever

Sorry, I was replying to Razz's post, should have quoted.

Diego Maradona by a country mile,his two goals v England at Mexico 86 are the best i have ever seen.

Denmark game against uruguay i stayed up watched in secret on wee black abd white telly. Think it was on at 2 or 3 AM. Un phucking believable stuff!! One if my fav games of all time

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Denmark game against uruguay i stayed up watched in secret on wee black abd white telly. Think it was on at 2 or 3 AM. Un phucking believable stuff!! One if my fav games of all time
    I have always wondered about the theme tune for Dads Army,"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler if you think old England's done?."

Its a FACT that the 51st Highland division fought on in France even playing dead as the German's advanced then opening fire,meanwhile England's finest were already defeated and on Dunkirk's beaches cowering from the Luftwaffe.

I wonder if the goal of the tournament winner at Argentina 78 is worth a mention?,probably not but even the locals went loco when he waltzed round the Dutch defence to put us into dream land for a few precious minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have always wondered about the theme tune for Dads Army,"Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler if you think old England's done?."

Its a FACT that the 51st Highland division fought on in France even playing dead as the German's advanced then opening fire,meanwhile England's finest were already defeated and on Dunkirk's beaches cowering from the Luftwaffe.
    Very good fact.

Definitely Fraser for greatest ever ahead of that hapless Mannering

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Very good fact.

Thanks mate,thought the SHEDBOY had wandered slightly O/T with his Denmark v Uruguay post so i just took it a stage further,sorry James

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Very good fact.

Unfortunately the miracle of Dunkirk as Churchill called it did not include the 51st Highland Division we had some of the heaviest losses of life in the battle of France and 10,000 POW's were marched to Germany when they finally surrendered.Its only my own opinion but i reckon every single one of them would have voted YES,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks mate,thought the SHEDBOY had wandered slightly O/T with his Denmark v Uruguay post so i just took it a stage further,sorry James

Aye sorry about that but SRYB anyway lol

Actually what is the actual ****ing topic anyway 🤣

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)