+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rushcliffe Plants

Quote Originally Posted by garibaldi View Post
    As for respect being earned, it was last season when we loaned you your best player and your top goalscorer.
    This is exactly the sort of condescending post from an arrogant redback that annoys many on here - "we loaned you two decent players so you should show respect and kiss our arses". I have read so many posts like this one from their fans who genuinely think they loaned Yates and Grant purely as an act of charity. Open your eyes FFS. The loans were negotiated because Forest wanted both players to develop their career at a more competitive level than reserve football. Forest benefitted as much from these loans as we did, because I'm sure both players learned ten times as much in their time here than they would stuck in their second XI. Never a thought that they might thank us for sending back much more capable players than we received, just the arrogant notion that we should respect them.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    I went to both finals.
    Should I be dead or in the Guinness Book Of Records?
    That trophy looks quite heavy when it's lifted on telly but it really isn't.
    Congrats, you must be hard on the heels of Methuselah

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This is exactly the sort of condescending post from an arrogant redback that annoys many on here - "we loaned you two decent players so you should show respect and kiss our arses". I have read so many posts like this one from their fans who genuinely think they loaned Yates and Grant purely as an act of charity. Open your eyes FFS. The loans were negotiated because Forest wanted both players to develop their career at a more competitive level than reserve football. Forest benefitted as much from these loans as we did, because I'm sure both players learned ten times as much in their time here than they would stuck in their second XI. Never a thought that they might thank us for sending back much more capable players than we received, just the arrogant notion that we should respect them.
    Spot on. Not to mention the fact they were paid for, not some philanthropic act. It's cringeworthy isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Spot on. Not to mention the fact they were paid for, not some philanthropic act. It's cringeworthy isn't it?

Yet another unwitting pest falls victim to the Lunas Fly Trap.

Notts would be seen as a club to bring on young players, apart from those 2 look how the careers of players such as Grealish, Ritchie, Judge, McDonald and McGregor at Celtic have gone since leaving us after loan spells etc.

Incorrect, the term phrased by the Notts fan was "respect". There's no requirement for "arse kissing".

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Notts would be seen as a club to bring on young players, apart from those 2 look how the careers of players such as Grealish, Ritchie, Judge, McDonald and McGregor at Celtic have gone since leaving us after loan spells etc.
    And I don't see any Villa or Celtic fans posting on here expecting eternal gratitude. But those clubs are much bigger than Forest so don't have the same small time attitudes.

I'm pretty sure that we paid both of their wages in full and had to pay a loan fee for them? That's if I read Hardy's tweets at the time correctly. So yes, we must show forest respect for taking two players no where near their first team off the wage bill and developing them... (For the forest fans on here, I was being sarcastic, I thought you might need that pointing out because, you know, your intellect).

Apparently Lampard and Darren Fletcher are good mates according to Leigh Curtis, I suspect that we will probably be forging closer links to the Rams anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we paid both of their wages in full and had to pay a loan fee for them? That's if I read Hardy's tweets at the time correctly. So yes, we must show forest respect for taking two players no where near their first team off the wage bill and developing them... (For the forest fans on here, I was being sarcastic, I thought you might need that pointing out because, you know, your intellect).

Apparently Lampard and Darren Fletcher are good mates according to Leigh Curtis, I suspect that we will probably be forging closer links to the Rams anyway

It would be very much in their (Derby's) interests to help us all they can to undermine Fword as much as possible. I don't know whey they haven't done more, but I guess they could claim to have given us the money to build the ground (fees for Johnson and Short). I'd rather have kept those two for longer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    That is exactly who I meant. He bought it on himself. He got stick from his own fans and rivals winding him up.

Doughty as well to some degree, though his treatment was despicable from a certain few.

AH, craves attention. He entertained the hell out of me at the Rolls friendly last year. Strutting about the place with the phone glued to his ear.
    I wonder what he will behave like, when his fawning comes back to haunt him?
    Get off your Soap Box and give your mouth a chance aye, before you do some serious damage to yourself, I mean at your age too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast