+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistic transfer targets .....

Realistic transfer targets .....

I think the below will be there or there abouts our summer targets.

Fielding, Chapman, Armstrong, Gibson or the Hibs lad, Newton from Stevenage, Maddison, a young premier league striker on loan, possible cover at right back.

I think they will spend in the region of £5-7m on all of that.
    What's also great to hear, we are currently in talks with 3/4 of the 'key players' within the squad to offer them improved deals (in case anyone come knocking) it's thought Dack (e.g.) is being offered a vastly improved 4 year deal dwarfing the last one on signing him. Same with Charlie who is getting an improved 2 year deal. Bennett, Mulgrew, Graham all took pay cuts in Div 1 so we are making up the difference now we are back up.
    They are having to eat into the summer budget to secure the 'key' players (which is the phrase TM used) from last year. As Aucks and other have made reference. We don't want to lose the excellent team spirit within the camp, from last year.
    We do however have to get the balance right. Smallwood e.g. was key to us going up. But wouldn't be good enough ...imo ...every week in the Champ. He would be brilliant to come on in games to sure us up. And wouldn't let us down. But only in small doses. We need to improve in certain areas to kick on . CM is a key position. I still think Travis will play a big part aswell.
    Last edited by champs95; 02-06-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I think the below will be there or there abouts our summer targets.

Fielding, Chapman, Armstrong, Gibson or the Hibs lad, Newton from Stevenage, Maddison, a young premier league striker on loan, possible cover at right back.

I think they will spend in the region of £5-7m on all of that.
    What's also great to hear, we are currently in talks with 3/4 of the 'key players' within the squad to offer them improved deals (in case anyone come knocking) it's thought Dack (e.g.) is being offered a vastly improved 4 year deal dwarfing the last one on signing him. Same with Charlie who is getting an improved 2 year deal. Bennett, Mulgrew, Graham all took pay cuts in Div 1 so we are making up the difference now we are back up.
    They are having to eat into the summer budget to secure the 'key' players (which is the phrase TM used) from last year. As Aucks and other have made reference. We don't want to lose the excellent team spirit within the camp, from last year.
    We do however have to get the balance right. Smallwood e.g. was key to us going up. But wouldn't be good enough ...imo ...every week in the Champ. He would be brilliant to come on in games to sure us up. And wouldn't let us down. But only in small doses. We need to improve in certain areas to kick on . CM is a key position. I still think Travis will play a big part aswell.
    I honestly have no idea who TM will go for, but I trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I honestly have no idea who TM will go for, but I trust him.
    Check this young lad Newton (from Stevenage) we are very interested in him.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Check this young lad Newton (from Stevenage) we are very interested in him.
    Well, he'd certainly be cheapish, given that most of his career has been in non-league. I take it he's one of these late bloomers. If we're seriously considering him, he must have been watched very carefully by this new network TM has been setting up.
    He sound like the kind of all-action front-man fans like. It then comes down to the actual quality of his play. What is "good" in L.2 might not be good in the Championship. It will be interesting to see how this develops.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 02-06-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Its being suggested Adam Armstrong is joining Wigan.

With us being linked with a league 2 forward, is this alarm bells re the budget Venkys have allowed TM?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Its being suggested Adam Armstrong is joining Wigan.

With us being linked with a league 2 forward, is this alarm bells re the budget Venkys have allowed TM?
    Saxo - I prefer to think (hope!) it's more a case of Mowbray spreading the net far and wide, just as he did before.

Armstrong to Wigan is a Sam morsey tweet in regards to Armstrong scoring for England under 21's
    It goes along the lines of "buzzing to have you here next season"
    I can tell you now he won't be going to Wigan
    They will be going for league one rejects not success story's.

A few of the Wigan team have become obsessed with us so in turn have resorted to a few tweets rather than concentrating on their own back yard.
    Newcastle will want around 3 million for Armstrong Wigan won't spend 1 million this season
    So I would say it's a tongue in cheek comment.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A few of the Wigan team have become obsessed with us so in turn have resorted to a few tweets rather than concentrating on their own back yard.
    Newcastle will want around 3 million for Armstrong Wigan won't spend 1 million this season
    So I would say it's a tongue in cheek comment.
    Don't know about that robin.. Wigan have money to spend after their takeover.

Ahhh but you can only spend what you earn saxo
    We have billionaires as owners but it counts for nothing in the eyes of financial fair play.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)