+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: John Marquis

Never liked him when he played for Granby

Oh for another Nouha Dicko.
    Lightening quick and his anticipation of where the ball was going to be was stunning.
    A snip at £400k. Just need to find the £10k a week wages

Is it only me that finds him annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Is it only me that finds him annoying?
    No it's not only you. Defenders find him annoying too 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I'm not sure we can Cayton unless TS is planning to spend big.....which I don't think he will. That's not a criticism by the way, just the reality of the budget we'll have.
    Incidentally, some people were critical of the Michael Smith signing but our coaches have worked wonders with him. I suspect there'll have to be more of that with the type of players we will be able to sign.
    Depends what you class as spending the cash! The 500k you mentioned for JM is a lot for us to spend but pittence for most clubs in this league.
    If you look at Bradshaw a few season ago. Think Barnsley paid around 650k (animal?). And Moore this season 750k (again animal?) . if you look at the 3 side by side, for similar amounts marquis looks poor value for money.. I personally think he's one dimensional...
    I would sooner the club spend the cash on a couple of good signings plus loans than 6/7 AVG/journey men

Regards Smith. I'm not sure the coaching team have improved him. More given him the confident back.
    If you look at his career stats there very simular as what he has done for us.
    Mojo is king.. (3 for 1/2p when I was a lad)

No doubt the Keepmoat regulars will be spitting their usual venom in our direction next season when we visit them .

It's quite unbelievable , you have to see it to believe it .

Most of us are just plainly puzzled by it in all honesty .

Strange lot to say the least .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No doubt the Keepmoat regulars will be spitting their usual venom in our direction next season when we visit them .

It's quite unbelievable , you have to see it to believe it .

Most of us are just plainly puzzled by it in all honesty .

Strange lot to say the least .
    I always thought we were there most hated rivals ?, not much in distance between us all tbh

you take out his latest stint at Doncaster and the bloke can't score.

Some people say we can do better but I notice they haven't come up with any suggestions.
    I can't see us spending much more than £500k on a player so we're not going to get top class Championship quality for that.
    Be realistic guys, we'll be fishing in a different pond to most of our opponents.

I just hope people give PW time to make his recruitments before declaring we've already been relegated.
    I'll wager if we heven't signed anyone by this time next week the knives will be out by some fans

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast