+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: John Marquis

I don't think many people have given names as it's hard to value players without knowing details.
    You mention giving 500k for JM though what if Donny say no we want 600k! 650k! 700k. Are are you saying your max is 500k? Or opening bid?
    There's plenty of lower league strikers like godden, doidge, mcnulty, eisa, dennis.. who we could take a punt on. With the exception of McNulty and eisa I Don't think any would cost over 500k

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I don't think many people have given names as it's hard to value players without knowing details.
    You mention giving 500k for JM though what if Donny say no we want 600k! 650k! 700k. Are are you saying your max is 500k? Or opening bid?
    There's plenty of lower league strikers like godden, doidge, mcnulty, eisa, dennis.. who we could take a punt on. With the exception of McNulty and eisa I Don't think any would cost over 500k
    Godden gone to Posh

Aye. Just reading your post.. Evans finally got him.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I only mentioned £500k because I think that would be realistic for a League 1 striker who's unproven in the Championship. Also I doubt if TS will be prepared to pay a lot more than that for any player, maybe £750k tops?
    That's not a criticism by the way, just the reality of having a tiny budget by Championship standards.

Aye agree. We all know our budget is tiny compared to the rest.
    imo 500k would be too much for his ability. If warne is thinking of spending 2 million on 6/7 players then he may as well look lower down the league's and take a punt there.
    If he's thinking of spending 2 million on 2/3 players then I hope JM is not one of those 2/3

Looks like Fergie might have left Donny because he didn't like the size of the budget he was going to have to work with.
    I've revised my opinion now, get a £350k offer in for Marquis 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Looks like Fergie might have left Donny because he didn't like the size of the budget he was going to have to work with.
    I've revised my opinion now, get a £350k offer in for Marquis 
    Talk about kick a club when it's down mellow.....

£300K tops....get in for him Paul Warne...if you haven't already...

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Talk about kick a club when it's down mellow.....

£300K tops....get in for him Paul Warne...if you haven't already...
    Gonna have to be 300k since I ate a bag of peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Gonna have to be 300k since I ate a bag of peanuts
    Well that's us f@@ked now then.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No it's not only you. Defenders find him annoying too 😊
    I would certainly prefer playing with him than against him as a defender.

He is to me a very agressive young player who plys up front. He doesn't give the defence a minutes peace but he'll be either turn into Dīckov which would be good or he'll be suspended more than he plays because the defenders these days aren't as hard as they were and will just fall over crying when ever he goes near them.

I think he'll be less of a Dīckov myself.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345