+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Financial Fair Play.... tosh!

Financial Fair Play.... tosh!

Most clubs in England spend too much and we are no exception. Im only worried about the FFP because this is all you are hearing from Dr Tony.
    There are some rumblings that Xia may even be thinking if selling up, just what have we spent in the last 2 windows? The rules state a club can spend what it likes as long as it is underwritten by the owner, i thought he had millions lying in a bank just for AVFC??
    It really does smack of another Randy type gag, doesnt it.
    Name we one club that has suffered becsuse of FFP?
    What are the Recon group doing right now. Im not dissing Xia but was his aim all along just the premiership money or real success for the club? After all as he states, he is a business man, now where have i heard that before?
    I said before the final i would not be back until the start of the new season but im really worried, mainly for what is coming out of Xia mouth and it aint a tweet with criptic clues!!

Remember where you heard it first.

Where did you hear it first, I've forgotten.

And just to let you know Bournemouth have been penalised for ffp by the football league.

The rules relate to how much you are allowed to lose every season.

But, I have to admit that the ffp, is just there to keep the big clubs big and not allow any challengers coming to the fore like chelsea did.

Imo, it is also a convenient excuse for owners to use when they haven't got the money or don't want to spend it.

Bournemouth, ignored it and went up and then argued down the fine initially imposed by the FL, when they had the prem riches anyway and now they don't think twice on spending 20m on the likes of Ake on gates of 10,000.

Some good points there.

FFP doesn't go out of the window with a new owner though.

Bournmouth fined just 4.75 million for breaking FFP from 2 years ago......farce. xia is hiding behind these rules.
    Just go Xia

Proves Xia was lying and the new owners couldt give a toss! They have just pumped in another 11 million in top of the initial 9million. There are plans to redevelop the north stand and on the back of that a big money sponsor! Its incredible that anyone under FFP rules can say we are spending to much when our real owners not xia could probably buy the EFL, as ive said before clubs can spend what they like as long as the owners under write the spend, clearly our owners can. This is where Xia has been found out.

Ps funny how xia has not tweeted during our emarrassing double losses!

I can spend what I want on the wii

So my Friends, i was Right. The new owners have stated or should i say Purslow has stated that the FFP slate is clean and that there will be funds available for transfers in January and he shoukd kniw, he was on the board that created FFP!!!!

At last i see a really Bright future for this club......now for that little matter of promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    So my Friends, i was Right. The new owners have stated or should i say Purslow has stated that the FFP slate is clean and that there will be funds available for transfers in January and he shoukd kniw, he was on the board that created FFP!!!!

At last i see a really Bright future for this club......now for that little matter of promotion.
    But the slate isn't clean is it? FFP is a real big issue for Villa if you look in to this. The EFL has significantly tightened the rules up since the QPR court ruling at the end of last season where QPR got a £42M fine. The EFL realises that in some cases fines alone won't work if clubs decide to put 2 fingers up to FFP and spend in any case. Under the revised rules the EFL can impose transfer embargoes, fines or points deductions to prevent this.

The gain promotion first approach no longer works as the EFL and the EPL has agreed that the EPL can take retrospective action against any team that gets promoted yet flouts the rules (to prevent another Bournemouth) So, the only way Championship clubs can meet the new rules is to 1) balance the books to increase revenue, 2) cut costs 3) sell assets. Clubs can no longer get away with inflated dodgy schemes where a car park is renamed for £50Million etc etc as the EFL have this covered as well neither can they use a shares issue or a straight cash injection however wealthy the owners. So, despite the fact that Villa has wealthy owners, they've money they cannot spend thanks to Xia nearly bankrupting the club by betting the ranch on promotion last season.

Given clubs in the top bracket in the Championship can run up a maximum debt over 3 years of £13Million per season, Villa at the end of last season already are up to £37.5 Million which is why with the new rules there is little room for manoeuvre as they have hit the 3 year limit in 2 years. According to reports from Liverpool Uni's football finance team, there will be a £50M blackhole forecasted when they send their projections to the EFL in March 2019 which will need to be covered by one of the 3 aforementioned ways. I would imagine sales of key assets like Grealish would be the answer next season.

FWIW, I don't want to see any club go under let alone a long established Midlands club but when you think about it, FFP is there to protect clubs from themselves under owners like Xia (amongst others) despite it suiting the big 4 in the EPL who are effectively a cartel with the rules assisting them to keep up and coming wealthy clubs (maybe Wolves) out the club so to speak. Just my 2 cents worth, interesting times for sure!
    Last edited by stripes39; 17-10-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)