+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearing Away The Dead Wood ??

Clearing Away The Dead Wood ??

Absolutely overrun with attacking midfield players ....

Isgrove , Mallan , Hedges , Moncur , Mowatt , McGeehan , Thiam , Knassmullner .

However with the style of play we are expecting to see and the likelihood of squad rotation I'd suggest we may need the majority of these lads .

We are short of defensive minded midfield players and require at least another two strikers in .

Defensively we are ok , McCarthy , Fryers , Pearson , Pinilos and Cavare are sufficent in the full back areas .

Pinnock , Lindsay , Jackson and possibly Pearson at centre back , possibly need another in there I'd imagine .

Let Davies and Walton fight it out at goalkeeper would be my take on that but I'd want to see the confidence returned from Davies pre season or I maybe tempted to bring in some more competition and looking to move him on if necessary .

Two strikers are a must , the roles Moore and Bradshaw are going to be taking on demand some fresh legs when we are hitting 3 games a week time .

Thoughts guys .

sounds like some positivity there, we do have a centre forward in the u23 adeboyejo but I agree with all you say so we don't need to spend big but wizely. We have to give the new H/C a chance to see the players and to decide if they are good enough for the way he wants to play. there are options to play Thiam up front he has got a really powerful shot in him if he could keep the ball down

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    sounds like some positivity there, we do have a centre forward in the u23 adeboyejo but I agree with all you say so we don't need to spend big but wizely. We have to give the new H/C a chance to see the players and to decide if they are good enough for the way he wants to play. there are options to play Thiam up front he has got a really powerful shot in him if he could keep the ball down
    I can’t get to Oakwell anymore so could someone tell me how good Adeboyejo is and why he has not been given a run in the first team?

He knows how to find the back of the net fairly quick, strong and a team player, he needed a good season in development team to gain fitness which could be seen throughout the year you could see him coming on game by game, should make the squad this year imo. also i said it before but Ben Williams should get in the squad, training with the first team will be of a benefit to him and he is so consistent. only my opinion through watching u23 others may not agree

Agree with most of what Animal has put. I'd like to see the squad whittled down to 22 including under 23's. Two players in each position and anyone over that loaned out or sold.

I agree about strikers. However, Bradshaw, Moore, Thiam and Adeboyejo will no doubt be rotated so I don't think it's a necessity. Especially with Brown chomping at the bit. If I was going to sign one I think it would be more a statement from the club to it's supporters that we still could make a marquee signing to sell tickets.

I like the look of the squad. Just needs a Pearson (Preston) or a Williams (Everton) type player to anchor the midfield or Brownhill (Bristol City) box to box.

As Animal eluded to we have attacking positions covered. It's that defensive, hustling side we will have to adapt. Very optimistic indeed.

Dunt forget it wo McBurnie scooaring the goals post January. Would like to see a goalpooacha in theear.

I suppose at Third Division level our existing strikers will do better. Dan al gerra shock how unfit they are compared to what he is used to in Germany.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-06-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Dunt forget it wo McBurnie scooaring the goals post January. Would like to see a goalpooacha in theear.

I suppose at Third Division level our existing strikers will do better. Dan al gerra shock how unfit they are compared to what he is used to in Germany.
    Agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see some German Bundisliga reserve players coming in.

Theres no doubt that Lg One offers its own problems, but its not as hard as the Champship is it. Im interested to see all of our squad starting with a clean slate this summer under the new 'regime'.
    Ive already mentioned in another thread who I wouldn't mind seeing us sell on, but its only fair that they all get looked at by the new boss and coaches etc.
    Last edited by Acido; 07-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.

How about Armstrong again?
    Scored a few for Blackburn & Coventry in this league.
    Has pace and totally different to anything we've got.
    Not going to make it in Prem, and probably not Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    How about Armstrong again?
    Scored a few for Blackburn & Coventry in this league.
    Has pace and totally different to anything we've got.
    Not going to make it in Prem, and probably not Championship.
    Good shout.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast