+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defenders

Defenders

As we are currently short of defenders...what do you think to these:

Steven Taylor CB (released by Posh)
    Matt Mills CB(released by Barnsley)
    James Perch RB/CM/CB(released by QPR)
    Harry Toffolo LB (released by Millwall)
    Martin Cranie CB (released by Boro)
    Scott Golbourne LB (released by Brizzle)
    Chris Baird RB (released by Derby)
    Reece James LB (released by Wigan)
    Donervan Daniels CB (released by Wigan)

I know he isn't a defender, but I'd also be delighted with Jay Emmanuel Thomas too. I reckon Nolan could reignite his career and he'd be the final piece in the attacking jigsaw.

Buzzing for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post

I know he isn't a defender, but I'd also be delighted with Jay Emmanuel Thomas too. I reckon Nolan could reignite his career and he'd be the final piece in the attacking jigsaw.

Buzzing for next season!
    Yep get 'em all signed up. Sort it Notts!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep get 'em all signed up. Sort it Notts!
    Well we have signed some cracking forwards for this league so a couple of decent defenders wouldn't go amiss.

Buzzing for next season!
    Zander Diamond is missing from your list released by Stags.......yes please !

Buzzing for next season!
    Steven Taylor hasn't been released and is on the transfer list - however, a big yes if we could afford him after splashing the cash recently. Wages would be high.

Matt Mills - another yes, but I highly doubt he'll drop down to League 2. Wages high again.

James Perch - Again, I doubt he'll drop to League 2. Another high wage earner.

Harry Toffolo - This one I could see happening! wages wouldn't be too high and would be good cover/push for a place alongside Jones. Plus, he does like to get forward.

Martin Crainie - Not a cat in hells chance. The guy played in the Premier League in the 17/18 season! He'll drop to Championship.

Scott Golbourne - He'd be on a decent wage, and whilst I'm sure we could probably snag him...I'm not sure we'd want 2 highly paid left backs on the books...assuming Jones is one of top earners.

Chris Baird - He's 36 now....so no! I doubt he's got a full season in him.

Reece James - Haven't really seen anything of him to be fair...

Donervan Daniels - I can see league 1 or 2 being his level. Don't know enough about him to really say more than that!

And no I don't know what wages these players were on..or would want. I'm taking a guess that Championship players want Championship wages and would be highly unlikely to want to drop down to the wages we could offer.

I'd be tempted by Mike Williamson (released by Oxford), Brendan Moloney (released by Northampton), Anton Ferdinand (transfer listed by Southend) and Lee Martin/Scott Wagstaff/Jake Hessenthaler and Gabriel Zakuani all from Gillingham. Although Zakuani has been offered a new deal by them. Also, I know we don't really need more CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Well we have signed some cracking forwards for this league so a couple of decent defenders wouldn't go amiss.
    We've been calling out for that commanding, no-nonsense defender ever since we got thrashed in a pre-season friendly v Grimsby and RT said he'd get a whole new back four if he needed to.

Reece James would be an exceptional signing if you ask me, decent ball playing left-back. He’s every

Reece James would be an exceptional signing if you ask me, decent ball playing left-back. Can get forward, think he would manage quite a few assists, to good for this league but if we could get him on a 3 yr deal would show another signal of intent by Hardy that we are really pushing for promotion.

He’s only 24 years old and is definitely league one ready in my eyes. As a bonus he has some height which we definitely need at the moment. Definitely impressed if we could get him.

We don’t need a left back... Jones (if he signs) AND Kellett both play there and are easily good enough.
    A centre half would do nicely. Any of the ones mentioned would be welcome.

Kellett wasn’t rated very highly last season when he started as a lb according to the fans, his performances improved when he moved further up the pitch. Maybe that’s down to management but going off that I presume we have signed him to play in the midfield.

I like Jones, has had a very good year. But he’s 31 yrs old, has yet to sign a contract and has never played more than 35 games in a year I believe I remember from last summer. Don’t think he broke that this time round, though he did score 4 for us which would make it his best season, definitely our best free kick taker and has excellent pace and crossing ability.

By what your saying we don’t need a cb we have Brisley and Duffy (if he signs a new deal). Admittedly the same Duffy who is slated on here by some, who was captain for most of the campaign, and lead Notts defence to the fourth best defensive record in the league. We then have Bird as an understudy and maybe a low paid journeyman to fill out the squad so you could make an argument we don’t NEED a cb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast