+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Funsters!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    You really need to explain this statement. By what criteria have you come to this conclusion? Give particular thought to 'never ever' in your assessment.

It's 21.33 hours on Thursday 7th June 2018. The clock is ticking.
    The statement United fans always come out with is trophy virgins. So i was basing it on major honors and when they were won. Feel free to show me what part of the statement is incorrect. We have each now won 5 so are equal in the record books apart from the ones shedka reads where Uniteds 5 are worth more than Dundees 5....

As to shedka you dont half waffel some amount of pish.

They aren't with the same unless the make up of the 5 are the exact same, they are not, we have two Scottish Cups

Nae luck

Quote Originally Posted by djh1711 View Post
    The statement United fans always come out with is trophy virgins. So i was basing it on major honors and when they were won. Feel free to show me what part of the statement is incorrect. We have each now won 5 so are equal in the record books apart from the ones shedka reads where Uniteds 5 are worth more than Dundees 5....

As to shedka you dont half waffel some amount of pish.
    Thanks for the qualification. So it's 5 all in major trophy wins and it is your criteria for basing your statement. Some feel the Scottish Cup holds more value than the League Cup, but for me, it takes the same effort against basically the same standard of opposition to win either. Should one hold more significance than the other? It certainly didn't when we, the Shed, lifted our first major at Dens and then our second the following year.

If your limited criteria is all you are basing 'most successful team' upon then hold onto your hat and proudly head off into the sunset. In debates such as this, few are content with a draw based upon limited criteria and seek other factors to prove their point. Here is a good start, which should interest you since the first section sort of supports your argument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_derby

I just checked wiki (so must be right) - so Killie us and the trolleys are jt 7th trophy winners. Killie above us on goal difference (or cup difference) as we are above Dundee. Its the same on SFA website but they actually rank killie above us and us above dundee.

Some folk clearly using sc as a superior trophy including footballing authorities. Happy to say its 5 all though (dont really give one tbh) and we are ahead on derbys too (thanks RAM).

Id say we are the most successful club in dundee then - also can someone post european games too - lol

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Thanks for the qualification. So it's 5 all in major trophy wins and it is your criteria for basing your statement. Some feel the Scottish Cup holds more value than the League Cup, but for me, it takes the same effort against basically the same standard of opposition to win either. Should one hold more significance than the other? It certainly didn't when we, the Shed, lifted our first major at Dens and then our second the following year.

If your limited criteria is all you are basing 'most successful team' upon then hold onto your hat and proudly head off into the sunset. In debates such as this, few are content with a draw based upon limited criteria and seek other factors to prove their point. Here is a good start, which should interest you since the first section sort of supports your argument.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_derby
    We could use time in the top league to extend the criteria if you like. As a rule of the tumb and I am sure you will agree the better teams play in the top league for longer.
    Any way it is getting boring now only so many times you can read post by shedka stating but but but our 5 are better than your 5....
    Anyways good luck for the season ahead and you never know shaba may guide you in to contention.

Quote Originally Posted by djh1711 View Post
    We could use time in the top league to extend the criteria if you like. As a rule of the tumb and I am sure you will agree the better teams play in the top league for longer.
    Any way it is getting boring now only so many times you can read post by shedka stating but but but our 5 are better than your 5....
    Anyways good luck for the season ahead and you never know shaba may guide you in to contention.

Thank you. My good wishes to you and your team also for the coming season. Indeed we can use time spent in the top league, but we would have to make it a level playing field. Your origins go further back than ours and you started off in the top league which was the only league at the time. Shed had to start of in the lower tier. Of course, our fewer years in the top league must be far more productive than yours? We have won the same amount of Majors, including Championaze.

Things can get a bit pedantic as we pick apart to prove 'ooz got the biggest?' I created a thread about all this stuff a while back, including the Forfarshire Cup and the Fizzy etc. A good point of quick reference.....but not so good if like me you can't remember the title of the thread!

How about derby head to heads?
    Cup final appearances?
    European appearances?
    European final appearances?
    Check them out for "goal difference" reasons if you've nothing better to do 🙂

The Big Team in the City.

Here is the thread started a while back.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38212839

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    How about derby head to heads?
    Cup final appearances?
    European appearances?
    European final appearances?
    Check them out for "goal difference" reasons if you've nothing better to do 🙂
    and if that fails - a penalty shoot out??

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    and if that fails - a penalty shoot out??
    Corners S71 - that's the ticket. And on that front we're phucked.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)