+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abramovitch

Abramovitch

Before he took over Chelsea had only won one title in 1955 plus 3 FA cups 2 League cups and a cup winners cup.

A decent club but way behind Spurs and the Gooners when it come to trophies.

Abramovitch has recently become an Israeli citizen and after the UK has started checking up on Russian oligarchs finances he seems far from happy.

He has announced that the project to build a new ground has been cancelled indefinitely.

Will Chelsea slip back from the world power he has built them into, to the average Prem team they once were if he pulls the plug altogether.

Good question. I don't know what would happen if he did leave.

Why did he become an Israeli citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

Because that gains him easier access to britain without tge visa he needs as a russian (apparantly) i dont do a great deal of politics these days, so im not too up to speed on it

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

Problems with renewing his visa.

I mean, howay...I had problems with me Visa this weekend but didn't become an Israeli citizen...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Problems with renewing his visa.

I mean, howay...I had problems with me Visa this weekend but didn't become an Israeli citizen...
    Dear me!!

There was discussion about this on 5Live the other night about how would they do if he pulled away from them and the consensus was that 5 years ago it would of knackered them but now they should be alright, they already in the cutting their cloth accordingly stage.

I don't get it.
    He's been in this country and paid a fortune for apartments and homes as well as Chelsea football club and yet if you pay a few million upon entering the country (for obvious rich business people) you get citizenship kind of thing, so I can't understand this visa carry on.

Maybe it's a petty thing and he's playing it back.

wotcha people,
    mid table 2nd div when he bought them, thats where they'll be in 2 seasons after he's gone!
    stay safe now
    john.

UK are far too soft on visas. Every foreign country I have worked in other than EU.

You have to have a sponsor a guaranteed job before they will even think of issuing a visa. My last job in Azerbaijan I had to have two passports as one was usually in the embassy awaiting a visa. On top of that you had to have an annual full blood test for Aids and Hepatitis and a physiological evaluation with a shrink. This to establish if your stable and not a threat to oil installations. Than God I’ve retired.

I can’t stand Chelsea, never have. The only English club I didn’t want to win in the Champions League final. No real history prior to him buying them, ONE league title as has been pointed out in 1955. JOHN FECKN TERRY and DENISE FECKN WISE need I say more. Most famous for the Headhunters prior to Abramovich ffs.

Very lucky tw@ts as well remember the semi final in 2000 that second goal man, Dyer blatantly fouled not given 10 secs later they scored? (‘Graham Rix is a p@edophile’ song as they/he walked out for the second half was class mind). They played a dreadful Villa side in the final.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)