+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This time last week...

This time last week...

...it would be one all. I just started watching the complete recorded rerun of last Sundays match but turned it off in case we lost this time! Probably wont fully sink in till those fixtures come out and I see us in the championship table! Its almost as if the footballing gods felt sorry for us and were giving us a rest last season before letting us have another go at it.

Don't think it's truly sunk in with me either. Was saying on the coach back from Wembley, it doesn't feel like we've got promoted, it just feels like we've won a big away match. In recent times, when we've gone out of the 2nd tier it's taken a long time to get back there, this time it hasn't, and I think it's thrown me! Like you say, it'll properly sink in when the fixtures come out.

Watching highlights on Sky

Hopefully we'll still come out on top !

Think we'd score the winner this time last week now and hanging on for full time in extra time!

I was on my way to Greek Islands, i asked a stewardess for any info en route.
    We were delayed slightly so was invited into the cockpit while still at the gate and had a chat with the Captain and F/O about the footy, they said they would try and get updates during our flight, but couldn’t promise anything.
    A Stewardess came to see me during the flight to inform me that the Captain had been trying to get updates, but German ATC didn’t understand his request.
    The Captain did come to see me to explain that he couldn’t get any info.
    He did say that as soon as we landed he would pick the internet up and let me know the score.
    Within two minutes of landing, the stewardess informed me the pilots priority would be to sort paperwork out and it may take 10 minutes for him to go online to get the result.
    Within 30 seconds of the aircraft coming to a stop, the Captain opened the cockpit door and informed me at 7.55pm that we had won 2-1.
    Full credit to Jet2.

Great story stonewaller and well done to the pilot for making the effort.Bet you felt pretty elated! It was bad enough for me missing the scunny 2nd leg when I was away but at least we managed to see the match on our ipad.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    We were delayed slightly so was invited into the cockpit while still at the gate and had a chat with the Captain and F/O about the footy, they said they would try and get updates during our flight, but couldn’t promise anything.
    A Stewardess came to see me during the flight to inform me that the Captain had been trying to get updates, but German ATC didn’t understand his request.
    He did say that as soon as we landed he would pick the internet up and let me know the score.
    Within two minutes of landing, the stewardess informed me the pilots priority would be to sort paperwork out and it may take 10 minutes for him to go online to get the result.
    Within 30 seconds of the aircraft coming to a stop, the Captain opened the cockpit door and informed me at 7.55pm that we had won 2-1.
    Full credit to Jet2.
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    Full credit to Jet2.
    What a great story Stoney!!!

Must have been your best ever ending to a flight surely pal?

Hope you had a great holiday buddy!!

Well if he didn't I'm sure that score line made up for it!

Like Hazza, the aspect that is taking some time to sink in for me is not the match itself (which we deserved to win) but the fact that that we have bounced straight back up to Level 2. Our previous three spells out of Level 2 were 23 seasons, 18 seasons and 9 seasons. It's an amazing achievement that we've returned so quickly
    Last edited by mikemiller; 03-06-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast