+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coulthirst next ?

Coulthirst next ?

...according to a chap on twitter.
    Was at a do & was talking to Terry Hawkridge.

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    ...according to a chap on twitter.
    Was at a do & was talking to Terry Hawkridge.
    Is the Hawkman on his way back to the Gimps, tho??? Another rumour that's doing the rounds.

He asked the same question and the reply was “no way”.
    Funnily enough , just gone back on twitter and the post has been removed ??

No idea if this is true or not, but it just me who preferred the old days when events happened and were then reported, rather everything being leaked or trailed like it is today? Why do we have to speculate the life out of everything?

We live in this 24-hour media culture now where you're told what politicians are going to say before they've even said it, and you who your football club is going to sign before they've signed (or at least announced it). I know this stems from news companies and everybody else wanting to break the exclusive news first, but at best it spoils any element of drama or surprise, and at worst the speculation is sometimes/often wrong.

And that's not to mention the modern media practice of interviewing your own correspondent - rather than the protagonists themselves - about what's going to happen or has happened, as if their version of events is somehow the unbiased, undisputed truth or the bottom line of the story.

FFS just let the people who are actually doing stuff do it, and then report it when it has happened! (… unless you know someone who's planning to commit a crime, in which case it actually does serve the public interest to pre-empt it!)
    Last edited by jackal2; 03-06-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    No idea if this is true or not, but it just me who preferred the old days when events happened and were then reported, rather everything being leaked or trailed like it is today? Why do we have to speculate the life out of everything?

We live in this 24-hour media culture now where you're told what politicians are going to say before they've even said it, and you who your football club is going to sign before they've signed (or at least announced it). I know this stems from news companies and everybody else wanting to break the exclusive news first, but at best it spoils any element of drama or surprise, and at worst the speculation is sometimes/often wrong.

And that's not to mention the modern media practice of interviewing your own correspondent - rather than the protagonists themselves - about what's going to happen or has happened, as if their version of events is somehow the unbiased, undisputed truth or the bottom line of the story.

FFS just let the people who are actually doing stuff do it, and then report it when it has happened! (… unless you know someone who's planning to commit a crime, in which case it actually does serve the public interest to pre-empt it!)
    I'm with you brother but unless ISIS destroys Apple Samsung Facebook Twitter Snapchat et al it aint never gonna happpen.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I'm with you brother but unless ISIS destroys Apple Samsung Facebook Twitter Snapchat et al it aint never gonna happpen.
    And if they do, you heard it here first!

Isn't he that Scottish chap who does the F1 stuff on Ch4?

I quite like the rumours and speculation.. all part and parcel of post/preseason.

Talking of which, Coulthirst appears to have recently started following both John Radford and Mansfield on Twitter...often a bit of a sign, speculation wise.