+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Corrupt World Cup

Im sure MasterCard’s intentions were good, but this is the problem when big corporations pretend that they are doing something good for the poor, all in the name of trying to get good publicity. They are so stinking rich that they cant even see that they are inadvertently ****ting on the poor here and insulting them and the charities that support them. Trying to combine a filthy rich, profiteering, multi-billion tournament, with people who are starving in the world is absolutely ridiculous.

Aye, we will make millions from advertising, but heres some free meals for some kids that no one at MasterCard really gives a ****e about… but only if two of the richest players in the world score. I mean Jesus Christ. Messi and Neymar could wipe out poverty in some of these countries with a years combined salary, and that’s not a dig at them, that’s just the world we now live in and to involve them in this is both unfair, unsporting and damn right stupidity. It shouldn’t even take a tournament like this, let alone 2 stinking rich players to score in it, to give something to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    How guilty is a goalkeeper going to feel for saving a shot?
    Nigerian, Icelandic and Croatian defences now have the impossible dilemma of stopping Messi and doing a good job for their country and inadvertently starving Kids in Bolivia and Honduras? fecking crazy
    I'm in Honduras at the start of August. For every goal England score, I'll give one of them kids a kick in the chuckies. All in the name of AbMad.

So

for the first 10 minutes of each game they play

The opposition should let Messi or Neymar score a hat trick providing they are allowed to score 3 goals back.

Effectively starting a 80 minute game at 3-3 every time.

Feed the World..............(or has that been used already?)
    Last edited by donsdaft; 04-06-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Im sure MasterCard’s intentions were good, but this is the problem when big corporations pretend that they are doing something good for the poor, all in the name of trying to get good publicity. They are so stinking rich that they cant even see that they are inadvertently ****ting on the poor here and insulting them and the charities that support them. Trying to combine a filthy rich, profiteering, multi-billion tournament, with people who are starving in the world is absolutely ridiculous.

Aye, we will make millions from advertising, but heres some free meals for some kids that no one at MasterCard really gives a ****e about… but only if two of the richest players in the world score. I mean Jesus Christ. Messi and Neymar could wipe out poverty in some of these countries with a years combined salary, and that’s not a dig at them, that’s just the world we now live in and to involve them in this is both unfair, unsporting and damn right stupidity. It shouldn’t even take a tournament like this, let alone 2 stinking rich players to score in it, to give something to charity.

I read something about the Band aid concerts (song) and the money they raised for the Ethiopian Famine, Bob Geldof saying that the money generated for the cause was phenomenal, every Celebrity that contributed and everyone who donates feels good about it, but on the ground level it was a drop in the ocean. the intentions are good and of course these people will be over the moon with a free meal or some sort of aid. but the reality is it doesn't solve the problem. only a slight relief to some of the people who suffer. back to the point of an earlier poster, building all these fancy stadiums in Brazil (forgot about south Africa too for a moment), and for what purpose? never to be used again, only one month of fitba ?? use the money to host a great tournament sure, but use it for some sort of good too , starting to sound a bit of an idealist now ,
    Last edited by JIMBO_86; 04-06-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quite enjoyed the Frankie boyle in Russia thingy last night .
    Slicing a cabbage with a machete , proper veggie cutting

No big deal - will come and go will still enjoy it...but still a bit meh kind of feeling.

I read something about the Band aid concerts (song) and the money they raised for the Ethiopian Famine, Bob Geldof saying that the money generated for the cause was phenomenal, every Celebrity that contributed and everyone who donates feels good about it, but on the ground level it was a drop in the ocean. the intentions are good and of course these people will be over the moon with a free meal or some sort of aid. but the reality is it doesn't solve the problem. only a slight relief to some of the people who suffer. back to the point of an earlier poster, building all these fancy stadiums in Brazil (forgot about south Africa too for a moment), and for what purpose? never to be used again, only one month of fitba ?? use the money to host a great tournament sure, but use it for some sort of good too , starting to sound a bit of an idealist now ,
    Its just waste. I actually think the Olympics are far worse for wasting venues, however there are world cup stadiums that also fall to ruin or go completely unused. The lack of post tournament planning is what really gets me. Sure spend billions on building new stadiums, but only if they are going to be beneficial afterwards and the event turns a profit. Greece showed exactly how not to host a tournament. Their Olympics pretty much plunged the country into bankruptcy and the abandoned stadia is all thats left. The photos are haunting, but indicative of what a country will do just to host the games/world cups. Its only second in terms of waste compared to China's wasteful 'ghost' cities, but thats something different altogether.

Quite enjoyed the Frankie boyle in Russia thingy last night .
    Slicing a cabbage with a machete , proper veggie cutting
    Aye it was guid can't believe he took the train fae Moscow tae Rostov you could hae some carry oot on that run but he doesnae drink....

Russia should get pumped but they will dae a South Korea and get through due to dodgy decisions just like 2002. I hated yon fuds

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Aye it was guid can't believe he took the train fae Moscow tae Rostov you could hae some carry oot on that run but he doesnae drink....

Russia should get pumped but they will dae a South Korea and get through due to dodgy decisions just like 2002. I hated yon fuds
    Drew SK in the work sweeper this year. Be aswell light a cigar woth the 20 dollar note. Be more worth while

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Drew SK in the work sweeper this year. Be aswell light a cigar woth the 20 dollar note. Be more worth while
    You mean you don't normally light your cigars that way?

Tink

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast