+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Corrupt World Cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Corrupt World Cup

Only 10 days away. Anyone that bothered? Only one ex player featuring?

After the last one which was possibly the worst een ive ever seen. No i couldnt give a f@ck.i go offshore the day before it starts and im home for the final only but ill be at Sevcove v Aberdeen during the final. Really nae fussed at all. Used to love world cups too.

Russia were due a World Cup. Qatar getting one is the dodgiest thing that’s ever happened in the world of sport. It’d be great if the teams told them to f*ck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Russia were due a World Cup. Qatar getting one is the dodgiest thing that’s ever happened in the world of sport. It’d be great if the teams told them to f*ck right off.
    Qatar is well up there in the corruption stakes too. Its about the size of Ellon for f@ck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Qatar is well up there in the corruption stakes too. Its about the size of Ellon for f@ck sake.
    Slight exaggeration with the size of Qatar, it's a bit bigger than that , maybe bigger than Ellon by a puckly acres
    It's about the size of the Falkland islands or Vanuatu, by square km
    Yeah , fitba can GTF now for me,

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Slight exaggeration with the size of Qatar, it's a bit bigger than that
    It's about the size of the Falkland islands or Vanuatu, by square km
    Yeah , fitba can GTF now for me,
    More than slight.

The smallest host ever was Switzerland. Ive got a train from Geneva to Zurich which is more than 3/4 of the way across and it took 2 3/4 hours. Use yhat as a comparator for Qatar which is less than 3 times the size of Switzerland. Its f@cking tiny

Back in the day Switzerland hosted 16 teams and nae 32 which Qatar will have to. Madness

All the grounds are as good as next to eachother too. Sardines in a can clusterf@ck

Oil speaks
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 04-06-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

It's up there with the appalling decision to hold the world cup in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's up there with the appalling decision to hold the world cup in the USA
    What was appalling with that decision?
    I though it was helping promote the game within America

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What was appalling with that decision?
    I though it was helping promote the game within America
    Someone upholding the "official line" and what a surprise, look who it is.

Awarding international football's premier tournament to a non football playing nation was a disgrace.

They reckon Qatar will cost £138bn... when you compare that to £3.5bn that South Africa spent, its utter f*cking madness. And like all of these events, what will happen when its all over? the stadiums will become unused and become crumbling wrecks. See Brazil, South Africa or even the Greece and Sochi Olympic stadiums. All of those events now have abandoned and crumbling stadiums, fascinating how quick they fall apart, but utterly wasteful.

They reckon there will be 4000 deaths by the time Qatar World Cup starts and yet no one is calling that into question. Corrupt and abhorrent.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast